[Matroska-users] MKVToolNix v28.0.0 released
moritz at bunkus.org
Sat Oct 20 17:58:30 CEST 2018
here is MKVToolNix v28.0.0: the first release to support AV1 in its
finalized form. mkvmerge can read it from Matroska/WebM, MP4, IVF
container files and from raw OBU streams. mkvextract will extract it
to IVF files. Apart from that a couple of bugs were fixed and
usabitliy enhancements made.
Here are the usual links:
…to the source code: https://mkvtoolnix.download/source.html
…to the binaries: https://mkvtoolnix.download/downloads.html
The Windows and macOS binaries as well as the Linux AppImage are
available already. The other Linux binaries are still being built and
will be available of the course of the next couple of hours.
Here are the NEWS since the previous release:
# Version 28.0.0 "Voice In My Head" 2018-10-20
## New features and enhancements
* mkvmerge: AV1 parser: updated the code for the finalized AV1 bitstream
specification. Part of the implementation of #2261.
* mkvmerge: AV1 packetizer: updated the code for the finalized AV1-in-Matroska
& WebM mapping specification. Part of the implementation of #2261.
* mkvmerge: AV1 support: the `--engage enable_av1` option has been removed
again. Part of the implementation of #2261.
* mkvmerge: MP4 reader: added support for AV1. Part of the implementation of
* mkvmerge: DTS: implemented dialog normalization gain removal for extension
substreams. Implements #2377.
* mkvmerge, mkvextract: simple text subtitles: added a workaround for simple
text subtitle tracks that don't contain a duration. Implements #2397.
* mkvextract: added support for extracting AV1 to IVF. Part of the
implementation of #2261.
* mkvextract: IVF extractor (AV1, VP8, VP9): precise values will be used for
the frame rate numerator & denominator header fields for certain well-known
values of the track's default duration.
* mkvmerge: VP9: mkvmerge will now create codec private data according to the
VP9 codec mapping described in the WebM specifications. Implements #2379.
* MKVToolNix GUI: automatic scaling for high DPI displays is activated if the
GUI is compiled with Qt ≥ 5.6.0. Fixes #1996 and #2383.
* MKVToolNix GUI: added a menu item ("Help" → "System information") for
displaying information about the system MKVToolNix is running on in order to
make debugging easier.
* MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer, header editor: the user can enter a list of
predefined track names in the preferences. She can later select from them in
"track name" combo box. Implements #2230.
## Bug fixes
* mkvmerge: JSON identification: fixed a bug when removing invalid UTF-8 data
from strings before they're output as JSON. Fixes #2398.
* mkvmerge: MP4/QuickTime reader: fixed handling of PCM audio with FourCC
`in24`. Fixes #2391.
* mkvmerge: MPEG transport stream reader, teletext subtitles: the decision
whether or not to keep frames around in order to potentially merge them with
the following frame is made sooner. That avoids problems if there are large
gaps between teletext subtitle frames which could lead to frames being
interleaved too late. Fixes #2393.
* mkvextract: IVF extractor (AV1, VP8, VP8): the frame rate header fields
weren't clamped to 16 bits properly causing wrong frame rates to be written
in certain situations.
* mkvpropedit, MKVToolNix GUI's header editor: fixed file corruption when a
one-byte space must be covered with a new EBML void element but all
surrounding elements have a "size length" field that's eight bytes long
already. Fixes #2406.
Have fun :)
More information about the Matroska-users