[Matroska-users] Can mkvmerge read tags from files?

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Sat Mar 10 20:37:40 CET 2018

Hey,

> can mkvmerge read tags from files and write them to files it creates?

Not really. I have no plans in that direction at the moment.

The sole exception is FLAC, Vorbis, Opus as their comment packets are part
of the regular headers. Those are kept and stored in CodecPrivate. They
aren't converted to Matroska tags.

> In case this is not supported, how likely would it be that a feature
> request for it would have any success?

Proper support for tags would mean reading them from the various source
formats and converting them to Matroska tags. I'm really not interested in
working on such a conversion function.

Kind regards,
mosu