[Matroska-users] MKVToolNix v21.0.0 released
moritz at bunkus.org
Sat Feb 24 11:24:58 CET 2018
It's time for MKVToolNix v21.0.0. The biggest change is that mkvinfo's
GUI portion has been removed. Its functionality is now incorporated
into MKVToolNix GUI. I am aware that the functionatliy isn't on par
yet, but it will be in time for release v22.0.0.
Here are the usual links:
…to the source code: https://mkvtoolnix.download/source.html
…to the binaries: https://mkvtoolnix.download/downloads.html
The Windows and macOS binaries are available already. The Linux
binaries are still being built and will be available of the course of
the next couple of hours.
Here are the NEWS since the previous release:
# Version 21.0.0 "Tardigrades Will Inherit The Earth" 2018-02-24
## New features and enhancements
* mkvmerge: track statistics tags: the `TagDefault` element will not be
written anymore as it was always set to the default value `1`
anyway. Implements #2202.
* mkvmerge, MKVToolNix GUI: JSON files can now contain C++-style line comments
outside of strings (e.g. something like this: `// this is ignored`). Such
comments, even though not part of the official JSON specifications, are now
ignored when reading JSON files.
* MKVToolNix GUI: chapter editor: opening a Matroska file without chapters in
it will now open the file in an empty chapter editor instead of showing an
error message. Implements #2218.
* MKVToolNix GUI: an "info" tool has been added, replacing the functionality
of mkvinfo's GUI. The functionality is not on par yet but will be for
release v22. Implements most of the functionality of #2104.
## Bug fixes
* build system: `configure` was treating `--disable-ubsan` and
`--disable-addrsan` the same as `--enable-ubsan` and
`--enable-addrsan`. Fixes #2199.
* build system: an error message is output if a command to execute is not
found instead of silently failing.
* build system: in addition to looking for the `gettext` C function and
library, `configure` now also verifies the presence of the `msgfmt` program
instead of simply relying on it.
* mkvmerge: appending files with additional parts at the same time was broken
if more than one additional part was appended (e.g. when appending files
from DVDs with something like `'(' VTS_01_1.VOB VTS_01_2.VOB ')' + '('
VTS_02_1.VOB VTS_02_2.VOB ')'`). In such a situation the content from files
`VTS_02_1.VOB` and `VTS_02_2.VOB` where laid out in parallel to the content
from the earlier files.
* mkvmerge: FLV reader: a single invalid AAC frame was written for AAC audio
tracks with codec initialization data longer than five bytes.
* mkvmerge: FLV reader: timestamps will be normalized down to 0. Fixes #2220.
* mkvmerge: MP4 reader: if an AAC track doesn't contain an AAC-specific
decoder configuration in the ESDS portion, then a default decoder
configuration will be generated based on the track's header data instead of
skipping the track. Fixes #2221.
* mkvmerge: MP4 reader: fixed reading HEVC/h.265 video tracks if they're
stored as Annex B byte streams inside MP4. Fixes #2215.
* mkvmerge: Ogg Opus reader: mkvmerge will now emit a warning instead of
aborting when it encounters an Ogg Opus page with no data in the
packet. Fixes #2217.
* mkvmerge, mkvextract: Matroska parser: fixed a segmentation fault that
occurred whenever the first level 1 element after resyncing after an error
in the file structure isn't a cluster. Fixes #2211.
* mkvmerge, MKVToolNix GUI multiplexer & header editor: fixed a crash during
file type detection for attachments if MKVToolNix is installed in a path
with non-ASCII characters (e.g. German Umlauts). Fixes #2212.
* mkvinfo: the `--hex-positions` parameter did nothing in summary mode.
* mkvinfo: Windows: line endings will be written as `\r\n` (carriage return &
line feed) again instead of just `\n` (line feed).
* mkvpropedit: adding track statistics tags: for tracks with content encoding
(compression) mkvpropedit is now accounting the uncompressed number of
bytes, not the encoded (compressed) number of bytes. Fixes #2200.
* MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: the subtitle character set can now be set for
appended subtitle files, too. Fixes #2214.
* MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: when appending, all tracks appended to disabled
tracks will start out disabled, too.
## Build system changes
* mkvinfo: the GUI portion has been removed. mkvinfo is now a pure
command-line program again.
Have fun :)
More information about the Matroska-users