[Matroska-users] Streaming from MKV file not working in Chrome

Austin Einter austin.einter at gmail.com
Sun Oct 29 18:18:16 CET 2017

Dear Steve
Thanks for kind response.

The container is matroska, but it can contain VP8 encoded data. I parse the
mkv file, get simpleblock from matroska, and from that I send the data to
chrome. For chrome it is just VP8 encoded data.

Be it a webm file or matroska file, but the VP8 encoded data will be same
in both the case, whereas metadatas may differ.

If above assumption is true, Ideally Chrome should play it.

I hope I am missing something, and chrome not recognizing the video frames.

Best Regards
Austin