[Matroska-users] How to reduce simpleblocks size in a matroska file

Steve Lhomme slhomme at matroska.org
Sun Oct 29 16:15:51 CET 2017

I can't tell about the details but what you want is a maximum bitrate
that is not too big. I will allocate less bitrates for these keyframes
(and a bit more for the other frames). The parameter to use may depend
on the encoder and tols around it. But that's the general idea.

> I have a MKV video file, that contains h264 frames. Few of the simple blocks
> in mkv file are of big size (at someplace it is of 19000+ bytes).
>
> I am trying to convert that video file, to a new video file, where
> simpleblocks size should be less (anywhere between 0 to 1500 bytes).
>
> Is it possible to do it using ffmpeg? If yes, please let me know how can I
> do that.

> Read Matroska-Users on GMane:

Steve Lhomme
Matroska association Chairman