[Matroska-users] MKVToolNix v13.0.0 released
moritz at bunkus.org
Sun Jun 25 11:03:56 CEST 2017
Here's v13.0.0 of MKVToolNix. It contains a few small enhancements and
a handful of bug fixes. Nothing major this time around, though I still
recommend everyone to update.
There have been no additional changes since v12.0.0 that package
maintainers should be aware of.
Here are the usual links:
…to the source code: https://mkvtoolnix.download/source.html
…to the binaries: https://mkvtoolnix.download/downloads.html
The Windows and macOS binaries have already been built and
uploaded. Linux binaries are still being built and will be available
# Version 13.0.0 "The Juggler" 2017-06-25
## New features and enhancements
* mkvmerge: MPEG TS reader: information about multiple programs will be output
as container properties during verbose/JSON identification. See #1990 for
the use case.
* MKVToolNix GUI: multiplex tool: added a column "program" to the tracks
list. Certain container types such as MPEG transport streams can contain
multiple programs. The new column will contain the service name (think TV
station names such as "arte HD") for such streams. Implements the GUI part
* MKVToolNix GUI: multiplex tool: the dialog asking the user what to do with
dropped files (add to current settings, add to new settings etc.) now
remembers the previous decision and defaults to it the next time it's
shown. Implements #1997.
* MKVToolNix GUI: tabs can now be closed by pressing the middle mouse
button. Implements #1998.
## Bug fixes
* mkvmerge: MP4 reader: MPEG-1/2 video read from MP4 files was written with an
invalid codec ID (e.g. `V_MPEG7`) in certain cases. Fixes #1995.
* mkvmerge: MPEG PS reader: made the file type detection less strict so that
garbage at the start of the file doesn't prevent detection. Fixes #2008.
* mkvmerge: MPEG PS reader: (E-)AC-3 tracks were not detected if the very
first packet for that track didn't contain a full (E-)AC-3 frame. Fixes
* mkvmerge: MPEG TS reader: fixed mkvmerge not detecting all tracks in MPEG
transport streams containing multiple programs. Fixes one part of #1990.
* mkvmerge: MPEG TS reader: fixed track content being broken for some tracks
read from MPEG transport streams containing multiple programs. Fixes another
part of #1990.
* mkvmerge: JSON identification: the `stream_id` and `sub_stream_id` track
properties were output as hexadecimal strings instead of unsigned
integers. As the `ts_pid` track property was only used for MPEG transport
streams, its value is now output as `stream_id` instead, and the `ts_pid`
property has been removed. The JSON schema version has been bumped to 8 due
to this change.
* mkvmerge: fixed a crash when appending video tracks where one track has a
CodecPrivate member and the other one doesn't.
* mkvmerge: track statistics tags: the `NUMBER_OF_BYTES` tag is supposed to
contain the number of bytes in a track before any of the content encoding
schemes such as lossless compression is applied; however, mkvmerge was
wrongfully using the number of bytes after the schemes had been
applied. Fixes #2022.
* mkvmerge: CLPI & MPLS parsers: MPLS and CLPI files with version number
`0300` as used on Ultra HD Blu-ray Discs are now accepted as well. Fixes
* mkvpropedit: fixed a crash when the selector used for `--tags` is invalid.
* MKVToolNix GUI: fixed computation of value of total progress bar for multiple
jobs running. Fixes #2005.
* MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer, adding new attachments: when the GUI checks if
there's an attachment with the same name it will now disregard disabled
attached files. Fixes #2001.
* Debian/Ubuntu packaging: during a `dpkg-buildpackage` run the test suite was
failing when a non-English locale was active and MKVToolNix packages had
already been installed. Fixes #2011.
Have fun :)
More information about the Matroska-users