[Matroska-users] MKVToolNix v8.9.0 released
Moritz Bunkus via Matroska-users
matroska-users at lists.matroska.org
Sun Feb 21 17:40:42 CET 2016
Development speed has slowed down a little in the last couple of
days. Nevertheless today's release v8.9.0 contains a lot of bug fixes
There's one small change for package maintainers: a Polish translation
of the man pages has been added.
Here are the usual links:
…to the source code: http://mkvtoolnix.download/source.html
…to the binaries: http://mkvtoolnix.download/downloads.html
The Windows and Mac OS binaries are available. Most of the Linux
binaries are still being built and will be available in a couple of
Here's the full ChangeLog since v8.8.0:
2016-02-21 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* Released v8.9.0.
* MKVToolNix GUI: the default font size adjustment has been
deactivated for the time being as it causes problems on high DPI
displays. See #1602.
* MKVToolNix GUI: bug fix: ampersands (&) in file names were shown
as keyboard shortcuts in tab titles in various tools (merge tool,
chapter and header editors, job output tool). Fixes #1603.
2016-02-20 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* MKVToolNix GUI: header editor enhancement: when the user drags &
drops files on an open header editor tab the GUI will ask the user
what to do with them: either open the files as new header editor
tabs or add the files as new attachments to the current tab. The
action can also be set as the default. Implements #1585.
* MKVToolNix GUI: chapter & header editor enhancement: Matroska
files are initially opened in read-only mode and only later
re-opened in read/write mode in order to enable reading from
write-protected files. Part of the implementation of #1594.
* MKVToolNix GUI: chapter & header enhancement: the error messages
shown when a Matroska file could not be parsed have been improved
to include the most likely reasons. Part of the implementation of
* MKVToolNix GUI: chapter editor enhancement: added a menu entry
for removing chapters from an existing Matroska file. Inspired by
* MKVToolNix GUI: chapter editor enhancement: it is now possible
to save chapters to Matroska files after having removed all
entries (editions and chapter atoms). This effectively removes the
chapters from the file. Implements #1593.
2016-02-18 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* MKVToolNix GUI: job queue enhancement: added keyboard shortcuts
for removing all completed jobs and for removing successfully
completed jobs. Implements #1599.
* MKVToolNix GUI: merge tool enhancement: added icons to the
context menu actions in the "attachments" sub-tab. Implements
* MKVToolNix GUI: merge tool enhancement: made the context menu
entries in the "attachments" sub-tab clearer. Implements #1597.
2016-02-10 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: fixed the handling of AVIs with a negative
video height (which signals that the rows are arranged
2016-01-31 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* MKVToolNix GUI: job queue bug fix: fixed an invalid memory
access in the "edit in corresponding tool and remove from queue"
* MKVToolNix GUI: re-write, merge tool bug fix: the file
identification is now based on mkvmerge's JSON output instead of
its verbose output. This also fixes the merge tool not showing
names of attachments inside Matroska files properly if those names
contain spaces (#1583).
* MKVToolNix GUI: merge tool bug fix: the "mux this" combo box
was disabled if a single attachment was selected.
* mkvmerge: bug fix: removed spurious output generated during file
identification in the HEVC detection code (e.g. "Error No Error").
* mkvmerge: bug fix: fixed the output of the "playlist_file" and
"other_file" properties of the "container" entity in the JSON
identification format from a single string to an array of
strings. The format version has been bumped to 3 due to this
2016-01-30 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* docs: added a Polish translation of the man pages by Daniel Kluz
* MKVToolNix GUI: "run program after XYZ" enhancement:
configurations can now be deactivated without having to change
them. Implements #1581.
2016-01-24 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: fixed parsing of AAC in MP4 with a program
config element with an empty comment field at the end of the GA
specific config. Fixes #1578.
2016-01-19 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: enhancement: when reading Matroska files created by
HandBrake that contain chapters the existing edition UIDs and
chapter UIDs are removed and random ones created. This is
necessary as HandBrake assigns sequential numbers starting at 1
for each file. Therefore there are two chapter entries with the
UID 1, two with the UID 2 etc. and those should, strictly
speaking, be treated as if they were a single chapter whereas the
user expects those entries to stay separate entries. Implements an
improvement for issues such as #1561.
* MKVToolNix GUI: merge tool bug fix: the GUI no longer requires
at least one source file to be present before muxing can start in
order to allow creation of track-less files. Fixes #1576.
2016-01-16 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* MKVToolNix GUI: enhancement: the "escape for Windows' cmd.exe"
mechanism will only escape arguments that actually need escaping
in order to produce easier to read command lines.
2016-01-15 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: QuickTime/MP4 reader: fix a division by zero in the
index generation for certain old audio codecs that have certain
header fields (bytes_per_frame, samples_per_packet) set to 0.
2016-01-13 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvinfo: bug fix: global elements (EBML void and CRC-32
elements) are now handled correctly if they're located inside the
segment info or the chapter translate parents.
Have fun :)
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 801 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Matroska-users