[Matroska-users] [RFC] Documentary presenter tagging

Dave Rice via Matroska-users matroska-users at lists.matroska.org
Tue Feb 2 20:51:04 CET 2016

> On Jan 27, 2016, at 9:54 AM, Pierre Choffet via Matroska-users <matroska-users at lists.matroska.org> wrote:
>
> Le 26/01/2016 05:25, Steve Lhomme a écrit :
>> I agree with the additions, although we're in the process of formally
>> standardizing Matroska at the IETF and tags will likely be discussed.
>> So I'd refrain making such changes until we reach that part in the
>> process.
> Hi Steve, thanks for your answer
>
> Sounds good to me, I'll resubmit this request once the standardization
> process has ended.

In standardizing the metadata for the roles of contributions, it may make sense to adopt an external authority. For instance PBCore manages a vocabulary called contributorRole: http://metadataregistry.org/concept/list/vocabulary_id/127.html <http://metadataregistry.org/concept/list/vocabulary_id/127.html> http://v1.pbcore.org/PBCore/picklists/picklist_contributorRole.html <http://v1.pbcore.org/PBCore/picklists/picklist_contributorRole.html>. Adopting such a list may be more effective than okaying the values one by one as requested.
Dave Rice