[Matroska-users] MKVToolNix v8.4.0 released

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Sat Sep 19 21:11:54 CEST 2015

Hey,

> Who said anything about Visual C/C++? It is only one of a number
> builders. What about mingw - native Win32 port of gcc? You support
> mingw as cross-compiler, but not as native compiler. I do not know why
> you choosed hard-way.

I develop solely on Linux. Therefore I cross-compile for Windows as I
can automate that perfectly in my whole build process for all the
binaries I provide. I don't have to start a separate Windows machine
just for compiling the Windows binaries.

Read: I don't use Windows for anything else than gaming. Therefore I
don't compile on it either.

Kind regards,
mosu