[Matroska-users] MKVToolNix v8.4.0 released
moritz at bunkus.org
Sat Sep 19 16:38:10 CEST 2015
I've released MKVToolNix v8.4.0. It contains numerous bug fixes in the
GUI and even more new features and enhancements. For this release
considerable work has gone into mkvmerge again as well fixing a couple
of bugs and implementing some more small enhancements.
The most noticeable change is that the old GUI (mmg) has finally been
Changes for package maintainers: the most important change is that the
old GUI (mmg) has been removed. Therefore wxWidgets isn't used
anymore. If Qt 5.2.0 or newer is present then mkvinfo's Qt GUI will be
built autoamtically, as will be the MKVToolnix GUI.
Here are the usual links:
…to the source code: http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/source.html
…to the binaries: http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/downloads.html
All binaries that I provide have been uploaded already.
Here's the full ChangeLog since the previous release:
2015-09-19 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* Released v8.4.0.
* MKVToolNix GUI: chapter editor bug fix: whenever the additional
modification of »expanding start/end timecodes to include the
minimum/maximum timecodes of their children« was run on an edition
entry then ChapterTimeStart and sometimes ChapterTimeEnd nodes
were inserted as direct children of the EditionEntry node when
saving. This resulted in invalid chapters.
2015-09-18 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* MKVToolNix GUI: new merge tool feature: when dragging & dropping
files onto merge settings already containing a file the user can
set more options to be always done instead of asking (before: only
adding files to the current merge settings could be thus marked;
now: adding to current, adding to new settings and adding each
file to new settings can be set to perform without
asking). Implements #1388.
* MKVToolNix GUI: merge tool enhancement: when dragging & dropping
files onto merge settings already containing a file the dialog
asking the user what to do has received a new option for creating
one new merge tab for each of the dropped files. Implements #1380.
2015-09-17 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: the pixel dimensions reported for VC-1 in
MPEG transport streams in verbose identification mode was 0x0.
* mkvmerge: bug fix: the number of channels and the sample rate
reported for DTS in MPEG transport streams and MPEG program
streams in verbose identification mode was 0.
* mkvmerge: container and track properties in verbose
identification mode are now output sorted.
* MKVToolNix GUI: new merge tool feature: the »tracks« tree view
contains a new column titled »properties« which contains basic
track properties: the pixel dimensions for a video track and
sampling frequency, number of channels and bits per sample for an
audio track. Implements #1295.
2015-09-14 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: enhancement: the verbose identification result for all
audio tracks has been extended to include the number of channels,
the sample rate and the bits per sample where applicable. Part of
the implementation of #1295.
2015-09-13 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* all: bug fix: parsing of strings containing negative values or
timecodes was broken on 32bit architectures. Fixes #1425.
2015-09-06 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: the verbose identification result for the MPEG program
stream, MPEG transport stream and WAV readers has been changed for
audio tracks in order to match the Matroska reader's result. The
old keys »channels«, »sample_rate« and »bits_per_sample« have been
replaced by »audio_channels«, »audio_sampling_frequency« and
* mkvmerge: enhancement: the pixel width/height will be reported
in verbose identification mode for all video tracks.
2015-09-05 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* MKVToolNix GUI: new merge tool feature: added a column in the
track list showing the effective state of the »default track«
flag. It shows the state of the flag as it will be in the output
file. Implements #1353.
2015-09-02 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: enhancement: when mkvmerge encounters garbage data in
the middle of AC3 or MP3 tracks it will now output the timecode
where the garbage occurred in order to make checking for
audio/video sync issues easier. Implements #1420.
2015-09-01 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* MKVToolNix GUI: chapter editor enhancement: added a column in
the tree with the edition's/chapter's flags.
* MKVToolNix GUI: new feature: the state of all columns in all
list/tree views can be reset (both the shown/hidden state as well
as their order) from the column's context menu. See #1268.
2015-08-30 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* MKVToolNix GUI: new feature: the column headers of all list/tree
views can be re-ordered via drag & drop and the GUI will remember
their position upon restart. Additionally the columns can be
hidden/shown via a context menu by right-clicking on the column
headers. Implements #1268.
* MKVToolNix GUI: new chapter editor feature: added an option
for skipping chapters marked as "hidden" in the re-numbering
dialog. Implements #1414.
2015-08-29 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* all: new feature: added a new translation to Serbian (Cyrillic)
by Jay Alexander Fleming (see AUTHORS).
* MKVToolNix GUI: enhancement: the header editor will convert ISO
639-2 terminology codes used in language elements to their
corresponding bibliographic variants. Implements #1418.
2015-08-28 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* MKVToolNix GUI: merge tool bug fix: if the output file name
policy »last output directory« was used then manual changes to the
output file name weren't recognized as changes to the last output
directory. Fixes #1411.
* MKVToolNix GUI: merge tool bug fix: the »default subtitle
charset« is not applied to text subtitles from Matroska files as
those are always encoded in UTF-8. Fixes #1416.
* MKVToolNix GUI: enhancement: the titles and button texts of
dialogs asking questions have been improved to be easier
understandable. For example, instead of using »yes/no« as the
answers to the question »Do you want to close the unmodified
file?« the choices are now »Close file/Cancel«. Implements #1417.
2015-08-27 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* MKVToolNix GUI: chapter editor bug fix: the »shift timecodes«
action in the mass modification dialog wasn't working at all, and
selecting multiple actions in the dialog would result in wrong
actions being executed.
2015-08-23 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* MKVToolNix GUI: chapter editor enhancement: when loading simple/
OGM style chapter files that contain non-ASCII characters and
which do not start with a byte order mark (BOM) the GUI will let
the user chose the character set to use. A preview is shown for
the selected character set and updated when the user changes the
2015-08-20 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* MKVToolNix GUI: merge tool enhancement: added »remove all« and
»select all« entries to the attachments context menu. Implements
* MKVToolNix GUI: job output enhancement: the output, warnings and
error text views are now separated by two splitters enabling the
user to change their respective sizes. These changes are
remembered over restarts. Implements #1394.
* MKVToolNix GUI: chapter editor enhancement: pressing
shift+return will cause the next appropriate chapter control to be
selected depending on where the focus currently is: from a chapter
input (start/end time, flags, UIDs) to the next chapter entry's
start time, from a chapter name to the next chapter name and from
the last chapter name to the next chapter entry's first chapter
name. Implements #1398 and complements #1358.
* MKVToolNix GUI: chapter editor enhancement: pressing return on
the very last chapter entry will wrap and focus the first one in
the tree again. Enhances #1358.
2015-08-19 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* MKVToolNix GUI: bug fix: fixed the total job queue progress with
respect to removing completed jobs (either automatically or
manually). Fixes #1405.
2015-08-18 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* MKVToolNix GUI: bug fix: mkvmerge is now run in with the same
interface language set for the GUI.
* mkvmerge: bug fix: The formula used for calculating the audio
delay for garbage data at the start of tracks in AVI files has
been fixed again. It now uses the values dwStart, dwScale and
dwSampleSize from the AVI stream header structure instead of
values derived from the audio packet headers. Fixes #1382 and
still works correctly for #1137.
* MKVToolNix GUI: enhancement: scrolling over input elements like
combo boxes, check boxes and radio buttons located within a scroll
area will now scroll the scroll area instead of the element the
cursor is over (e.g. a combo box). Implements #1400.
2015-08-17 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* all: the environment variable <TOOLNAME>_OPTIONS is now
parsed for options for TOOL (e.g. MKVMERGE_OPTIONS for
mkvmerge). MKVTOOLNIX_OPTIONS is still used for all
programs. Fixes #1403.
2015-08-16 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* MKVToolNix GUI: bug fix: fixed the escaping of the command line
for cmd.exe regarding the command name itself (the very first
argument). Fixes #1401.
2015-08-15 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* build system: removal: the switch »--without-mkvtoolnix-gui« has
been removed. There are only two GUIs left in the package: the
Qt-enabled mkvinfo and MKVToolNix GUI. Both are enabled by default
and can be disabled with the option »--disable-qt«. In that case
only the text-mode version of mkvinfo is built, and the MKVToolNix
GUI is not built at all.
* Removal: all support for wxWidgets has been removed. This means
that the mkvmerge GUI (mmg) has been removed and that mkvinfo now
only supports a text-mode and a Qt-based interface.
* build system: bug fix: fixed Qt platform plugin detection on
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 819 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Matroska-users