[Matroska-users] MKVToolNix GUI (7.9.0) feedback

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Mon May 11 21:45:51 CEST 2015

Hey,

I've implemented the first round of your suggestions in pre-build 729
available from https://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/windows/pre/

From the ChangeLog:

2015-05-11  Moritz Bunkus  <moritz at bunkus.org>

        * MKVToolNix GUI: chapter editor enhancements: when selecting a
        chapter the the chapter name closest to the previously selected
        chapter name (or the first if there wasn't a previously selected
        one) is selected automatically.

        * MKVToolNix GUI: chapter editor enhancements: when starting a new
        file a single edition and a single chapter are added automatically.

        * MKVToolNix GUI: merge tool enhancement: the »add files« button
        has been re-labeled »add source files« in order to make it clearer
        that it cannot be used for adding attachments, even if the
        attachments tab is the currently selected tab.

        * MKVToolNix GUI: merge tool & job queue tool enhancement: short
        tool tips will be shown for the files, tracks, attachments and
        jobs views telling the user to right-click for adding files and
        similar actions.

        * MKVToolNix GUI: new feature for the merge tool, the header and
        buttons are shown.

As you can see I've decided against moving the four buttons into the
»input« tab. I'm 99% certain that users would complain about not having
the »start muxing« button always visible… Hopefully the re-labeling will
be enough. I'll await some more feedback on this.

Kind regards,
mosu