[Matroska-users] MKVToolNix v7.7.0 released
moritz at bunkus.org
Sun Mar 1 11:37:07 CET 2015
I've released MKVToolNix v7.7.0. It contains many bug fixes but also
interesting new features like keeping the AC3 core of TrueHD+AC3
tracks and reducing DTS-HD tracks to their lossy cores (both of those
are optional, of course).
Note that the portable versions for Windows do NOT contain the preview
of the new GUI anymore. The reason is that many users thought it to be
the GUI to run due to its file name (experimental, buggy, incomplete
preview version: mkvtoolnix-gui.exe; old but stable and working
version: mmg.exe). The installers still include it as the installer
also creates properly named start menu entries.
Nothing has changed for package maintainers.
Here are the usual links:
…to the source code: http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/source.html
…to the binaries: http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/downloads.html
All binaries that I provide have been uploaded already.
Here's the full ChangeLog since the previous release:
2015-02-28 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* Released v7.7.0.
2015-02-28 Lionel Fourquaux <lionel.fourquaux at normalesup.org>
* source code: Fixed the compilation on cygwin.
2015-02-27 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* documentation: The Dutch, Ukrainian and Chinese (Simplified)
manual pages have contained only untranslated English strings
since release 7.0.0. This was due to the files holding the
translatable strings having being corrupted by a misbehaving tool
in the build process. This has been rectified. Fixes #1134,
2015-02-25 Mats Peterson <matsp888 at yahoo.com>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Fixed reading all of the private codec data
in AVIs from the 'strf' chunk for codecs that don't set biSize to
include that data. Fixes #1129.
* mkvextract: bug fix: Fixed writing AVIs with ckSize fields that
were too large. Fixes #1128.
2015-02-25 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mmg: new feature: added a button »toggle all« that enables or
disables all tracks. It at least one track is currently disabled
then all tracks are enabled when pressing that button. Otherwise
(if all tracks are currently enabled) then they will all be
disabled. Implements #1130.
* mmg: new feature: added a new checkbox »reduce to audio core« on
the »format-specific options« tab that passes the new
--reduce-to-core option to mkvmerge if enabled. Part of the
implementation of #1107.
* mkvmerge: bug fix: fixed determining the key frame status in
certain AVIs (those whose dwFlags index field has more bits set
than just 0x10).
* build system: new feature: added configure options for building
statically-linked binaries (--enable-static). Patches by Florent
Thiéry. Implements #1119.
* mkvextract: new feature: implemented a mode for extracting cue
2015-02-24 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvinfo (Qt interface): bug fix: added WebM extensions to the
known types in the »Open file« dialog.
2015-02-23 Mats Peterson <matsp888 at yahoo.com>
* mkvextract: bug fix: Fixed writing AVIs with the wrong bit depth
for video codecs that don't use 24 bits/pixel. Fixes #1123.
2015-02-23 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Fixed recognition of E-AC3 audio tracks
in MPEG transport streams if they use the type ID 0xa1 (and the
same for DTS tracks stored with type ID 0xa2). Fixes #1126.
* mkvextract: bug fix: Fixed VobSubs being written to the wrong
directory if the output file name given by the user didn't have an
extension but one of the directories contained a dot. Fixes #1124.
* mkvpropedit, mmg's header editor: bug fix: if updating the file
required creating an EBML void for a 130 bytes long gap then the
void element created was one byte too short resulting in an
invalid file structure. Fixes #1121.
* mkvmerge: bug fix: If the MP4 track headers for MP3 tracks
contain invalid values (number of channels is 0 or the sampling
rate is 0) then mkvmerge will re-derive these parameters from the
MP3 bitstream instead of ignoring that track.
2015-02-18 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Matroska reader: track-specific tags weren't
copied for tracks for which the pass-through packetizer was used
(e.g. those with the codec ID A_MS/ACM) instead of a specialized
2015-02-14 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: enhancement: The code for determining the time codes
of AAC, AC3, DTS, MP3 and TrueHD packets has been completely
rewritten. This improves how timecodes are kept if the source
container provides them in many cases.
* mkvmerge: removal: AAC: The hack for using the old codec IDs
(e.g. A_AAC/MPEG4/LC/SBR) for AAC tracks has been removed. Those
codec IDs have been deprecated for nearly ten years. Reading files
that use those IDs will stay supported.
* mkvmerge: removal: TrueHD: The hack for merging a sync frame and
all following normal frames into a single Matroska packet has been
removed as there are no players that can play such merged frames
2015-02-12 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: new feature: Added an option »--reduce-to-core« that
tells mkvmerge not to copy HD extensions for DTS tracks. Part of
the implementation of #1107.
* mkvmerge: new feature: mkvmerge will now recognize TrueHD tracks
inside MPEG transport streams that contain an AC3 core as
consisting of two tracks. Instead of always dropping the AC3 part
the user can simply select which tracks to keep. Part of the
implementation of #1107.
2015-02-10 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: new feature: mkvmerge will now recognize TrueHD+AC3
files as consisting of two tracks. Instead of always dropping the
AC3 part the user can simply select which tracks to
keep. Part of the implementation of #1107.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 819 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Matroska-users