[Matroska-users] MKVToolNix v8.1.0 released
moritz at bunkus.org
Sat Jun 27 13:36:41 CEST 2015
I've released MKVToolNix v8.1.0 just eight days after 8.0.0. It
incorporates a big amount of feedback on the new MKVToolNix GUI from
users. Major bugs have been squashed, many usability enhancements have
been implemented and even a couple of new features were added. If
you're using 8.0.0 I urge you to upgrade.
As this release comes so quickly after the last one I have also
decided to keep the old GUI around until at least 8.3.0 (the prior
plan was to drop it after 8.2.0).
Changes for package maintainers: nothing's changed since v8.0.0.
Here are the usual links:
…to the source code: http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/source.html
…to the binaries: http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/downloads.html
All binaries that I provide have been uploaded already.
Here's the full ChangeLog since the previous release:
2015-06-27 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* Released v8.1.0.
* mmg: bug fix: fixed handling of the characters [ and ] in
container and track properties.
* MKVToolNix GUI: merge tool enhancement: moved the »output file
name« controls below the three tabs so they're always
visible. Also added an option in the preferences to move them back
inside the »output« tab. Implements #1266.
2015-06-26 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* MKVToolNix GUI: new chapter editor feature: added a function for
generating a certain number of evenly spaced
sub-chapter. Implements #1291.
* MKVToolNix GUI: merge tool bug fix: fixed various menu entries
not working correctly after closing a tab or switching to another
one. Fixes #1301.
2015-06-25 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* MKVToolNix GUI: new chapter editor feature: implemented loading
chapter entries from Blu-ray playlists.
* MKVToolNix GUI: job queue enhancement: added menu entries for
acknowledging both warnings and errors at the same time.
2015-06-24 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* MKVToolNix GUI: merge tool bug fix: if »automatically set the
file title« is enabled then the title field will be cleared after
all source files have been removed.
* MKVToolNix GUI: new watch jobs tool feature: the first tab
showing the output of the current job has been changed to show the
output of all jobs that have been run since the GUI's been
started. This can be turned off in the preferences so that only
the output of the currently running job is shown
again. Implements #1263.
* MKVToolNix GUI: merge tool bug fix: fixed a crash when
enabling/disabling chapters coming from an appended file. Fixes
* MKVToolNix GUI: new merge tool feature: added an option to set a
directory relative to the first input file as the default output
directory. Implements #1261.
* MKVToolNix GUI: merge tool bug fix: it was possible to set the
»default track flag« to »yes« for multiple tracks of the same
type. Fixes #1289.
* MKVToolNix GUI: enhancement: the »open file« dialogs for the
chapter and header editor tools will use the same directory that
was last used in the merge tool. Fixes #1290.
2015-06-23 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* MKVToolNix GUI: bug fix: fixed reading the »default track« flag
of tracks from added Matroska files. Fixes #1281.
* MKVToolNix GUI: new feature: added a check box to the
track/chapters/tags/attachments list. This offers an additional
way of toggling the »mux this« state of entries, same as the drop
down box on the right and as double-clicking on the
item already did. Implements #1277.
* MKVToolNix GUI: merge tool bug fix: when appending files with
multiple tracks of a type (e.g. multiple audio tracks) then all
tracks of that kind would get assigned to the first track of that
kind of the file they're appended to. Now the second audio track
from the appended file is appended to the second audio track of
the existing file, the third to the third etc. Fixes #1257.
* MKVToolNix GUI: merge tool bug fix: fixed automatic output file
name re-generation when the mux status of tracks changes. Fixes
* MKVToolNix GUI: new feature: added an option for always using
the suggested description and not asking the user when adding a
job to the queue. Implements #1288.
* MKVToolNix GUI: job queue enhancement: added the shortcut Ctrl+R
for the menu entry »start all pending jobs«. Implements #1287.
* MKVToolNix GUI: new feature: added an option to always treat
files dragged & dropped external applications as being added
circumventing the question what to do with them (add, append or
add as additional parts). This option is enabled by default
changing the default behavior from release 8.0.0. Implements
* MKVToolNix GUI: new feature: added an optional action after
starting a job or adding one to the queue. This can be either to
create whole new settings or to only remove all input
files. Implements #1254.
* mmg: bug fix: the deprecation warning will only be shown
once. Fixes #1252.
* Installer for Windows: enhancement: associated the .mtxcfg files
with MKVToolNix GUI. Implements #1258.
* MIME and desktop files: enhancement: added file associations for
.mtxcfg with MKVToolNix GUI. Implements #1258.
2015-06-22 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* MKVToolNix GUI: new feature: implemented command line
handling. You can open configuration files, add files to merge
jobs, open files in the chapter or header editors. Implements
2015-06-21 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: fixed recognition of (E)AC3 audio tracks
using a FourCC of »ec-3«. Fixes #1272.
* MKVToolNix GUI: merge tool bug fix: fixed attachments not being
merged into the file in certain situations. Fixes #1260.
* MKVToolNix GUI: merge tool bug fix: fixed showing existing
attachments present in source files in the »tracks, chapters, tags
and attachments« list. Fixes #1256.
* MKVToolNix GUI: merge tool bug fix: the jobs created when
appending files were incorrect resulting in an error message from
mkvmerge. Fixes #1271.
* mkvpropedit: bug fix: fixed a warning about »edit specifications
resolving to the same track« when changing the track properties
and setting tags for the same track simultaneously. Fixes #1247.
* MKVToolNix GUI: merge tool bug fix: the output/destination file
name is cleared when all files are removed. Fixes #1265.
* MKVToolNix GUI: merge tool bug fix: fixed command line escaping
for empty arguments. Fixes #1270.
* MKVToolNix GUI: merge tool bug fix: fixed creating files without
a title if one of the input files contains a file title. Fixes
* MKVToolNix GUI: bug fix: if the job removal policy is set to
»remove even if there were warnings« then jobs that were muxed
without warnings weren't removed. Fixes #1262.
2015-06-20 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* Build system: fixed inclusion of desktop files for the two GUIs
for Debian/Ubuntu packages. Fixes #1255.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 819 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Matroska-users