[Matroska-users] mktoolnix v7.9.0 mmg bug

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Mon Jun 1 19:27:39 CEST 2015

Hey,

> Here gzipped patch file.

You forgot the attachment :)

> Tested way you described.

Thanks for verifying its functionality. Send me the patch as an
attachment and I'll apply it.

> PPS: AFAIK diff/patch files are made that way they can be freely
> inserted into ordinal text (including emails and printed articles) and
> will not lose their functionality.

That's only partially true. Patch files are very brittle. There are
several ways which can break such a patch:

- inserting/removing line breaks somewhere,
- switching between tabs and spaces,
- removing trailing spaces from the end of the line,

All of those things can happen quickly when a patch is inserted into a
regular email. Especially the first and third points are things that
often go wrong. Sending them as attachment is simply more reliable.

Kind regards,
mosu