[Matroska-users] MKVToolNix v8.2.0 released

Götz Waschk goetz.waschk at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 08:18:15 CEST 2015

Hi Moritz,

it doesn't build for me (Mageia Cauldron, qt 5.5.0):

src/mkvtoolnix-gui/main_window/main_window.cpp: In member function
'virtual void mtx::gui::MainWindow::setupMenu()':
src/mkvtoolnix-gui/main_window/main_window.cpp:121:7: error: 'class
mtx::gui::Ui::MainWindow' has no member named
'actionGUICheckForUpdates'
   ui->actionGUICheckForUpdates->setVisible(false);
       ^
compilation terminated due to -Wfatal-errors.

Regards, Götz

On Sat, Jul 18, 2015 at 7:18 PM, Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I've released MKVToolNix v8.2.0. This is another release implementing
> a lot of enhancements and new features for MKVToolNix GUI. Nearly all
> of them are a direct result of all the feedback received for versions
> 8.0.0 and 8.1.0. Therefore I urge you to upgrade, especially if you're
> still using 8.0.0.
>
> The old GUI (mkvmerge GUI) is still included and scheduled to be
> removed after 8.3.0.
>
> Changes for package maintainers: nothing's changed since v8.1.0.
>
> Here are the usual links:
>
> …to the source code: http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/source.html
> …to the binaries: http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/downloads.html
>
> All binaries that I provide have been uploaded already.
>
> Here's the full ChangeLog since the previous release:

> 2015-07-18  Moritz Bunkus  <moritz at bunkus.org>
>
>         * Released v8.2.0.
>
>         * mkvmerge, MKVToolNix GUI: bug fix: fixed the container type not
>         being recognized properly by the GUI. Now the numerical container
>         type ID is output in verbose identification mode by mkvmerge.
>
>         * MKVToolNix GUI: chapter editor enhancement: the template for
>         chapter names can now contain a number of places for the chapter
>         number, e.g. '<NUM:3>'. The number will be zero-padded if there
>         are less places than specified.
>
>         * MKVToolNix GUI: new chapter editor feature: implemented a
>         function for renumbering chapters. This allows the user to
>         automatically assign new chapter names to one level of
>         sub-chapters with ascending numbers. Implements #1355.
>
> 2015-07-15  Moritz Bunkus  <moritz at bunkus.org>
>
>         * MKVToolNix GUI: new feature: the position of the tab headers of
>         all tab widgets can be changed in the preferences. Implements
>         #1334.
>
> 2015-07-12  Moritz Bunkus  <moritz at bunkus.org>
>
>         * MKVToolNix GUI: new feature: added an option for hiding the tool
>         selector.
>
>         * MKVToolNix GUI: new job queue feature: added menu options for
>         stopping the queue either immediately or after the current job has
>         finished. Implements #1303.
>
>         * MKVToolNix GUI: new job queue feature: added a context menu
>         option for setting jobs to status »pending manual start«.
>
> 2015-07-11  Moritz Bunkus  <moritz at bunkus.org>
>
>         * MKVToolNix GUI: chapter editor bug fix: the file is not kept
>         open so that you can open it in other applications at the same
>         time.
>
>         * MKVToolNix GUI: new merge tool feature: added context menu
>         options for selecting all tracks of a specific type (e.g. all
>         audio tracks). Implements #1197.
>
>         * MKVToolNix GUI: merge tool enhancement: the dialog shown after
>         dragging & dropping files from external applications asking if
>         those files should be added or appended now has an option to
>         always add and never to show that dialog again. For new MKVToolNix
>         installations the default is now to show this dialog again until
> [...]

AL I:40: Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.