[Matroska-users] MKVToolNix v8.2.0 released
moritz at bunkus.org
Sat Jul 18 19:18:28 CEST 2015
I've released MKVToolNix v8.2.0. This is another release implementing
a lot of enhancements and new features for MKVToolNix GUI. Nearly all
of them are a direct result of all the feedback received for versions
8.0.0 and 8.1.0. Therefore I urge you to upgrade, especially if you're
still using 8.0.0.
The old GUI (mkvmerge GUI) is still included and scheduled to be
removed after 8.3.0.
Changes for package maintainers: nothing's changed since v8.1.0.
Here are the usual links:
…to the source code: http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/source.html
…to the binaries: http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/downloads.html
All binaries that I provide have been uploaded already.
Here's the full ChangeLog since the previous release:
2015-07-18 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* Released v8.2.0.
* mkvmerge, MKVToolNix GUI: bug fix: fixed the container type not
being recognized properly by the GUI. Now the numerical container
type ID is output in verbose identification mode by mkvmerge.
* MKVToolNix GUI: chapter editor enhancement: the template for
chapter names can now contain a number of places for the chapter
number, e.g. '<NUM:3>'. The number will be zero-padded if there
are less places than specified.
* MKVToolNix GUI: new chapter editor feature: implemented a
function for renumbering chapters. This allows the user to
automatically assign new chapter names to one level of
sub-chapters with ascending numbers. Implements #1355.
2015-07-15 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* MKVToolNix GUI: new feature: the position of the tab headers of
all tab widgets can be changed in the preferences. Implements
2015-07-12 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* MKVToolNix GUI: new feature: added an option for hiding the tool
* MKVToolNix GUI: new job queue feature: added menu options for
stopping the queue either immediately or after the current job has
finished. Implements #1303.
* MKVToolNix GUI: new job queue feature: added a context menu
option for setting jobs to status »pending manual start«.
2015-07-11 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* MKVToolNix GUI: chapter editor bug fix: the file is not kept
open so that you can open it in other applications at the same
* MKVToolNix GUI: new merge tool feature: added context menu
options for selecting all tracks of a specific type (e.g. all
audio tracks). Implements #1197.
* MKVToolNix GUI: merge tool enhancement: the dialog shown after
dragging & dropping files from external applications asking if
those files should be added or appended now has an option to
always add and never to show that dialog again. For new MKVToolNix
installations the default is now to show this dialog again until
the user deactivates it either in the dialog or in the
* MKVToolNix GUI: new feature: added additional ways to move
selected files, tracks and attachments around: keyboard shortcuts
(Ctrl+Up and Ctrl+Down) and optional buttons (those have to be
enabled in the preferences). Using drag & drop remains
possible. Implements #1279.
2015-07-05 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* MKVToolNix GUI: bug fix: if a GUI language other than English
was selected then the warning/error messages output by mkvmerge
were not recognized properly and output in the wrong text views.
* MKVToolNix GUI: merge tool bug fix: fixed loading saved settings
in which an appended file contains chapters/tags/attachments.
2015-07-04 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* MKVToolNix GUI: new merge tool feature: dragging files from
external applications now allows you to create new mux settings
and add the dropped files to those if the »always add dropped
files« option is off. Implements #1297.
* MKVToolNix GUI: new feature: added support for displaying the
queue progress on the task bar button. Implements #1335.
* mkvmerge: bug fix: fixed handling of MPEG transport streams
where all PATs and PMTs have CRC errors. Fixes #1336.
* MKVToolNix GUI: new merge tool feature: implemented support for
re-ordering new attachments via drag & drop. Implements #1276.
2015-07-03 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* MKVToolNix GUI: bug fix: fixed the command line option used when
the »fix bitstream timing info« check box is checked. Fixes #1337.
2015-07-01 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* docs: added a Spanish translation of the man pages by Israel
Lucas Torrijos (see AUTHORS).
* MKVToolNix GUI: enhancement: several drop down boxes have had
their options renamed slightly to be more consistent overall and
easier to select via the keyboard. Implements #1309.
* MKVToolNix GUI: fix compilation with the upcoming Qt
5.5.0. Fixes #1328.
2015-06-30 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* MKVToolNix GUI: job queue bug fix: when re-starting a job the
»date finished« field wasn't reset. Fixes #1323.
* MKVToolNix GUI: merge tool bug fix: the option »set output file
name relative to first input file« caused the relative path to be
applied each time a file was added resulting in the wrong
directory. Fixes #1321.
* MKVToolNix GUI: merge tool bug fix: when adding a Blu-ray
playlist and aborting the »select playlist to add« dialog the
originally opened playlist was added even so.
* mkvmerge: bug fix: the MPEG-1/2 video code was causing an
illegal memory access under certain conditions. Fixes #1217 and
2015-06-29 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* MKVToolNix GUI: bug fix: the »default subtitle character set«
combo box required a selection without an option for using the
system's default. An entry »– no selection by default –« has been
added at the top.
* MKVToolNix GUI: bug fix: fixed parsing command line arguments to
an already-running instance on Windows. Fixes #1322.
2015-06-28 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* MKVToolNix GUI: enhancement: position and size of the several
additional windows are saved and restored. These include: the
preferences window, the dialog for additional command line
options, the dialog showing the command line and the dialog for
selecting the playlist to add. Implements #1317.
* MKVToolNix GUI: bug fix: fixed the combo boxes with languages,
countries and character sets not being re-initialized after
changes to the list of common languages/countries/character sets
in the preferences. Fixes #1224.
* MKVToolNix GUI: enhancement: the relative sizes of all splitters
are saved and restored. Implements #1306.
* MKVToolNix GUI: chapter editor bug fix: fixed the menu entries
»save to XML file« and »save to Matroska file« not being available
after loading chapters until the tool or tab was changed. Fixes
* MKVToolNix GUI: bug fix: fixed labels and therefore the window
becoming excessively wide with long file names. Fixes #1314.
* MKVToolNix GUI: merge tool bug fix: fixed the focus marker
around combo boxes inside scroll areas not being drawn. Fixes
* MKVToolNix GUI: merge tool bug fix: fixed the stereoscopy mode
being off by one. Fixes #1311.
* MKVToolNix GUI: merge tool bug fix: fixed the --append-to
calculation if more than one file has been appended. Fixes #1313.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 819 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Matroska-users