[Matroska-users] MKVTooolNix v8.3.0 released
moritz at bunkus.org
Sat Aug 15 16:17:59 CEST 2015
I've released MKVToolNix v8.3.0. Even if I'm starting to sound like a
broken record: this release implements a lot of enhancements and new
features for MKVToolNix GUI, pretty much all of them requested by
users. Several bugs in the GUI have been fixed as well.
This is the last release that includes the old GUI (mkvmerge GUI).
Changes for package maintainers: nothing's changed since v8.2.0.
Here are the usual links:
…to the source code: http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/source.html
…to the binaries: http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/downloads.html
All binaries that I provide have been uploaded already.
Here's the full ChangeLog since the previous release:
2015-08-15 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* Released v8.3.0.
* MKVToolNix GUI: chapter editor enhancement: pressing return will
cause the next appropriate chapter control to be selected
depending on where the focus currently is: from a chapter input to
the first chapter name, from a chapter name to the next chapter
name and from the last chapter name to the next chapter entry's
start time. Implements #1358.
2015-08-14 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* MKVToolNix GUI: enhancement: the number of running jobs is shown
in the status bar. Implements #1381.
* MKVToolNix GUI: new job queue feature: added a context menu for
force-starting selected jobs. This allows for running more than
one job at the same time. Implements #1395.
* MKVToolNix GUI: new merge tool feature: added an option for
automatically setting the »default track« flag to »no« for all
subtitle tracks when they're added. Implements #1339.
2015-08-12 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* MKVToolNix GUI: new merge tool feature: dragging & dropping
files onto line edit controls that expect file names (e.g. the
»chapter file« control) will set that line edit's text to the
dropped file name. Implements #1344.
* mkvmerge: bug fix: track statistics tags can be kept with the
option »--engage keep_track_statistics_tags«. This allows
outputting them in verbose identification mode for easier
parsing. Fixes #1351.
2015-08-11 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* MKVToolNix GUI: new feature: jobs in the queue can now be edited
again. For that they're re-opened in the corresponding tool and
removed from the queue. Implements #1296.
* build system: stack protection is enabled when building with gcc
on all platforms. For Windows DEP and ASLR is enabled. Implements
2015-08-09 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* build system: the Boost detection macros were updated from
www.gnu.org resulting in better compatibility with bare-bones
shells like dash.
* MKVToolNix GUI: enhancement: the format of the setting and queue
files has been changed from INI style to JSON documents. Reading
older setting files in INI style remains supported, but saving
will convert them to JSON.
Together with the other three changes mentioned below this results
in a noticeable reduction in the time needed for writing the queue
files, e.g. when pressing »start muxing« or when quitting the
* MKVToolNix GUI: enhancement: the way the job queue is stored has
been changed. Earlier all jobs were stored in the same file (or
registry on Windows) as the preferences. Now they're stored in a
sub directory called »jobQueue« with one file per queue entry.
* MKVToolNix GUI: enhancement: on Windows the preferences are not
stored in the registry anymore, not even if the application has
been installed. Instead they're stored in an INI file in the
user's AppData\Local directory tree.
* MKVToolNix GUI: enhancement: the number of times the queue files
are saved has been reduced. The queue files are also loaded only
once on startup, not twice.
* MKVToolNix GUI: bug fix: fixed various crashes when dragging &
dropping in all of the tree views (merge tool: files view, tracks
view, attachments view; chapter editor: edition/chapter tree,
chapter name list; job queue). Fixes #1365.
2015-08-08 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* MKVToolNix GUI: enhancement: if an instance is already running
when the application is started a second time then the GUI
requests that the already-running instance will be
activated. Implements #1379.
* MKVToolNix GUI: new feature: added an option in the preferences
for automatically switching to the job output tool whenever the
user starts a job (e.g. by pressing »start muxing«). Implements
* MKVToolNix GUI: new job output and job queue feature: added a
function for opening the output folder. Implements #1342.
* MKVToolNix GUI: new job output tool feature: added a way to
clear the output, warnings and errors views. Implements #1356.
* MKVToolNix GUI: merge tool bug fix: attachments: sometimes
changing values didn't apply the changes to all selected
attachments depending on how they were selected. Fixes #1373.
* MKVToolNix GUI: merge tool bug fix: the automatically suggested
description for new jobs contained the file name twice, even in
the directory portion. Fixes #1378.
* MKVToolNix GUI: merge tool bug fix: if »set output file name
automatically« is enabled then file names ending with a number in
parenthesis (e.g. »Berlin (1962).mkv«) will keep their number in
the generated output file name. Fixes #1375.
* MKVToolNix GUI: merge tool bug fix: the GUI will keep manual
changes to the output file name even if »set output file name
automatically« is enabled. Fixes #1372.
* MKVToolNix GUI: bug fix: fixed the stereoscopy drop down box not
being re-translated when the GUI language is changed. Fixes #1224.
2015-07-22 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* MKVToolNix GUI: chapter editor bug fix: it was possible to drop
chapter entries on the top-level reserved for editions. Fixes
2015-07-21 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* MKVToolNix GUI: Windows: if the application has been installed
then its settings will no longer be saved in the registry but in
an INI file in the user's data application folder
2015-07-20 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* MKVToolNix GUI: merge tool enhancement: added »Simple OGM-style
chapter files (*.txt)« to the file selection dialog when selecting
a chapter file. Implements #1269.
2015-07-18 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* MKVToolNix GUI: bug fix: fixed compilation when building without
curl support. Fixes #1359.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 819 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Matroska-users