[Matroska-users] MKVToolNix v6.7.0 released
moritz at bunkus.org
Wed Jan 8 22:50:21 CET 2014
I've release v6.7.0 of MKVToolNix. It contains tons of bug fixes all
over the place, but also a couple of enhancements. The most important
bug fix is probably the change to how MPLS files are handled (see
This is the first release for which I'm providing 64bit binaries for
Windows as well. They offer the same functionality as the 32bit
binaries. Versions can be distinguished in their version number output
as well as mmg's »about« dialog.
Please note that the Windows installer and portable archive do not
contain the word »Unicode« anymore. That's not because they don't
support Unicode; they do. It's just that the last release without
Unicode support was v2.something quite a lot of years ago, and there's
simply no reason to point out the Unicode-awareness anymore.
There's one change for package maintainers: Ruby 1.9.x is now required
for building. I don't support 1.8.x anymore. This should not be a
problem for current distributions anyway.
Here are the usual links:
...to the source code:
...to the binaries:
Here's the full ChangeLog since release 6.6.0:
2014-01-08 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* Released v6.7.0.
* build system: Ruby 1.9.x is now required.
2014-01-05 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* all: enhancement: The architecture (32bit/64bit) is mentioned in
the version information of all programs.
2014-01-02 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* build system: bug fix for 64bit builds on Windows
(x86_64-w64-mingw32): use the correct processor architecture via
separate Windows manifest files. Fixes mmg and mkvinfo not
starting due to »error 0x0000007b«.
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Fixed a potential endless loop due to an
integer overflow in the code removing AVC/h.264 filler NALUs.
2014-01-01 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Fixed reading uncompressed PCM audio tracks
from QuickTime/MP4 files in certain situations. Fixes #950.
* mmg: enhancement: Made the »scanned files« list box sortable by
all columns. Fixes #954.
2013-12-31 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mmg: enhancement: The »additional parts« dialog will now show
the files that make up an MPLS playlist. This is for informational
purposes only and doesn't allow changing the playlist itself.
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Reading from an MPLS playlist file is now
done as if the second and following files referenced in that
playlist had been appended to the first file from that
playlist. Before they were treated as if they were additional
parts. Fixes #934.
* mmg: enhancement: a couple of fixes to tooltips: 1. Content
correction for »splitting by chapters«; 2. no ugly re-formatting
with wxWidgets 3.0.0 on Windows.
2013-12-30 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Improved the AAC, AC3 and MP3 header decoding
error handling so that the corresponding parsing routines won't
get stuck in endless loops when encountering certain garbage data
2013-12-29 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: enhancement: unified codec names output by mkvmerge's
identification mode for all file format readers.
* mkvinfo: bug fix: when setting the language with --ui-language
a few strings were still translated using the system's default
* mkvextract: bug fix: if the track headers were located at the
end of the file (e.g. after modification with mkvpropedit or mmg's
header editor) then mkvextract was writing files with a length 0
* mmg: bug fix: the »playlist items« list box in the »select
playlist file to add« dialog was showing the items in reversed
order. Fixes #952.
2013-12-28 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mmg: bug fix: the »select playlist file to add« dialog can now
be resized, minimized and maximized. It also remembers its
position and size during runs. Fixes #951.
2013-12-27 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mmg: enhancement: The user can select the default subtitle
character set to use for newly added subtitle tracks in the
preferences dialog as requested in bug #948.
2013-12-24 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mmg: bug fix: fixed the tooltip for the subtitle character set
drop-down box to match mkvmerge's actual behavior. Fixes #948.
2013-12-18 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: new feature: implemented reading DTS audio tracks from
MP4 files (with ESDS object type ID == 0xA9 (decimal 169) or
FourCC == 'DTS ' or 'dtsc').
2013-12-18 Ralph Giles <giles at mozilla.com>
* mkvmerge: enhancement: allowed muxing Opus to WebM files.
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Fixed the mapping of the Opus element »seek
pre-roll« and »pre-skip« to the Matroska elements »track seek
pre-roll« and »codec delay«. Remuxing Matroska files without Opus
created with earlier versions of MKVToolNix is enough to fix such
2013-12-15 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: fixing the bitstream timing information of
h.264/AVC writes clean values for 25000/1001 frames per second
video (e.g. de-telecined PAL @ 29.97).
2013-12-07 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mmg: bug fix: fixed a crash in during drag & drop operations in
mmg's chapter editor.
More information about the Matroska-users