[Matroska-users] help with mkvpropedit

Matt Zagrabelny mzagrabe at d.umn.edu
Tue Dec 16 23:50:15 CET 2014

Hi Mosu,

Thanks for the reply!

On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 3:45 PM, Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> first, WebM doesn't support tags. That mkvpropedit lets you get away
> with it is simply due to it not checking carefully enough.

I was under the impression that webm files were valid matroska containers.

Here is a page that suggests I can add tags.

http://wiki.webmproject.org/webm-metadata/global-metadata

Do you happen to know the correct (command-line) tool to add tags to a
webm file?

> Second, what you're actually doing wrong is mis-interpreting the output
> of mkvinfo.

Okay.

So looking at the FAQ you gave, I see:

$ mkvmerge --identify episode_01__rise_of_the_turtles.webm
File 'episode_01__rise_of_the_turtles.webm': container: Matroska
Track ID 0: video (VP9)
Track ID 1: audio (Vorbis)
Global tags: 5 entries

Do you happen to know the correct tool (or incantation of mkvmerge) to
dump the tags (and values) of my previous webm file?

Thanks again for your help!

-m