[Matroska-users] Haali Media Splitter playrate support

Steve Lhomme slhomme at matroska.org
Sat Jan 12 15:30:37 CET 2013

Unfortunately I think Haali's splitter is not supported (developed
anymore). I know that Mike was working in a security company so I'm sure
that use case could be interresting to him. But I'm not sure it will ever
get fixed.

Steve

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 4:40 PM, Junaid at afriticket.co.za <
junaid at afriticket.co.za> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am not sure if this is the right place for this but any
> assistance/comments would be appreciated.
>
> I noticed that Haali Media Splitter does not play matroska files at high
> play rates on Windows.
>
> I investigated for months before finding lav splitter fixes this issue. I
> develop security applications that require fast play and seeking during
> playback of lengthy security footage. Is haali splitter meant only for
> entertainment video purposes or should they also support variable speed
> playback ? or maybe this is a windows limitation.
>
> I think not may people are using multimedia for business purposes as the
> play rate issue seems to be a common issue amongst splitters, for example
> MP4 Media Foundation splitters don't play greater than 2 times speed.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Regards
> Junaid

Steve Lhomme