[Matroska-users] Fwd: MKVToolNix v5.7.0 released

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Mon Sep 3 08:45:52 CEST 2012

Hey,

I've released v5.8.0. It adds a couple of new features and fixes a few
bugs; most prominently mmg not displaying mkvmerge's last couple of
messages.

Important note(s) for package maintainers:

1. I've dropped support for gcc 4.6.0 due to lack of/bugs in its
   support of C++11. For the distros I supported this only affects
   Fedora Core 15.

2. MKVToolNix can be compiled with gcc 4.7.x and clang 3.1 (I've
   switched to clang as my main compiler as a matter of
   fact). However, clang/llvm have a known-bug that causes excessive
   memory usage with -O2 or -O3 in certain situations. configure
   detects this situation (clang & optimizations requested) and
   switches to -O1.

Here are the usual links...

...to the home page:
http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/

...to the source code:
http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/sources/mkvtoolnix-5.8.0.tar.bz2

...to the Windows installer and 7zip archive:
http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/win32/mkvtoolnix-unicode-5.8.0-setup.exe
http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/win32/mkvtoolnix-unicode-5.8.0.7z

All of the Linux binaries that I provide have already been built and
are available.

Here's the ChangeLog since v5.7.0:

2012-09-02  Moritz Bunkus  <moritz at bunkus.org>

	* Released v5.8.0.

	* Build system: dropped support for gcc 4.6.0.

	* mkvpropedit: new feature: Added support for adding, deleting and
	replacing attachments.

2012-09-01  Moritz Bunkus  <moritz at bunkus.org>

	* mmg: new feature: chapter editor: Added support for the edition
	flags "hidden", "default" and "ordered" as well as the chapter
	values "segment UID" and "segment edition UID". Implements ticket
	#736.

2012-08-30  Moritz Bunkus  <moritz at bunkus.org>

	* documentation: Added a Basque translation of mmg's guide by
	Xabier Aramendi (see AUTHORS).

	* all: bug fix: Fixed a buffer overflow in the Base64 decoder
	routine.

2012-08-19  Moritz Bunkus  <moritz at bunkus.org>

	* source: Various fixes for building with g++ 4.7.x and clang 3.1.

2012-08-08  Moritz Bunkus  <moritz at bunkus.org>

	* Build system: Boost's "bind" library is not required
	anymore. The C++11 features from "functional" are used instead.

2012-08-07  Moritz Bunkus  <moritz at bunkus.org>

	* mkvmerge: bug fix: MPEG transport streams whose timecodes wrap
	around/overflow are handled correctly. Fixes #777.

2012-08-06  Moritz Bunkus  <moritz at bunkus.org>

	* mkvmerge: bug fix: MP2/MP3 audio tracks in MPEG program streams
	that contained garbage at the start of the very first packet
	caused mkvmerge to use uninitialized/random values for certain
	parameters (sample rate, number of channels, and therefore also
	during timecode calculation).

2012-08-05  Moritz Bunkus  <moritz at bunkus.org>

	* mkvmerge: new feature: Added support for reading ALAC (Apple
	Lossless Audio Codec) from CAF (CoreAudio), MP4 and Matroska
	files. Implements #753.

2012-08-02  Moritz Bunkus  <moritz at bunkus.org>

	* mkvmerge: new feature: mkvmerge will remove stuffing bytes from
	MPEG-1/-2 video streams that are used to keep the bit rate above
	certain levels (the 0 bytes between slices and the following start
	code). Implements #734.

2012-08-01  Moritz Bunkus  <moritz at bunkus.org>

	* mkvmerge: bug fix: Fixed audio/video synchronisation when
	reading MPEG program streams with MPEG-1/2 video with respect to B
	frames. Fixes #579.

	* mkvmerge: enhancement: SRT files can have spaces in their
	timecode line's arrow (e.g. "-- >").

2012-07-31  Moritz Bunkus  <moritz at bunkus.org>

	* mkvmerge: bug fix: VC1: mkvmerge will now only mark frames as I
	frames if a sequence header precedes them directly. Fixes #755.

2012-07-30  Moritz Bunkus  <moritz at bunkus.org>

	* all: new feature: Added a Basque translation by Xabier Aramendi
	(see AUTHORS).

2012-07-20  Moritz Bunkus  <moritz at bunkus.org>

	* all: bug fix: The programs do not try to create directories with
	empty names anymore. This happened if the output file name for
	e.g. mkvmerge or mkvextract was only a file name without a
	directory component. With Boost v1.50.0 the call to
	"boost::filesystem::create_directory()" would result in an error
	if the name was empty (it didn't in earlier versions of Boost).

2012-07-11  Moritz Bunkus  <moritz at bunkus.org>

	* mmg: bug fix: Fixed mmg not reading the very last line of
	mkvmerge's output. The result was that messages like "the cues are
	being written" did not show up in mmg and that the progress bar
	was not filled completely. Fixes #774.