[Matroska-users] Fwd: MKVToolNix v5.7.0 released
moritz at bunkus.org
Mon Sep 3 08:45:52 CEST 2012
I've released v5.8.0. It adds a couple of new features and fixes a few
bugs; most prominently mmg not displaying mkvmerge's last couple of
Important note(s) for package maintainers:
1. I've dropped support for gcc 4.6.0 due to lack of/bugs in its
support of C++11. For the distros I supported this only affects
Fedora Core 15.
2. MKVToolNix can be compiled with gcc 4.7.x and clang 3.1 (I've
switched to clang as my main compiler as a matter of
fact). However, clang/llvm have a known-bug that causes excessive
memory usage with -O2 or -O3 in certain situations. configure
detects this situation (clang & optimizations requested) and
switches to -O1.
Here are the usual links...
...to the home page:
...to the source code:
...to the Windows installer and 7zip archive:
All of the Linux binaries that I provide have already been built and
Here's the ChangeLog since v5.7.0:
2012-09-02 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* Released v5.8.0.
* Build system: dropped support for gcc 4.6.0.
* mkvpropedit: new feature: Added support for adding, deleting and
2012-09-01 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mmg: new feature: chapter editor: Added support for the edition
flags "hidden", "default" and "ordered" as well as the chapter
values "segment UID" and "segment edition UID". Implements ticket
2012-08-30 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* documentation: Added a Basque translation of mmg's guide by
Xabier Aramendi (see AUTHORS).
* all: bug fix: Fixed a buffer overflow in the Base64 decoder
2012-08-19 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* source: Various fixes for building with g++ 4.7.x and clang 3.1.
2012-08-08 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* Build system: Boost's "bind" library is not required
anymore. The C++11 features from "functional" are used instead.
2012-08-07 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: MPEG transport streams whose timecodes wrap
around/overflow are handled correctly. Fixes #777.
2012-08-06 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: MP2/MP3 audio tracks in MPEG program streams
that contained garbage at the start of the very first packet
caused mkvmerge to use uninitialized/random values for certain
parameters (sample rate, number of channels, and therefore also
during timecode calculation).
2012-08-05 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: new feature: Added support for reading ALAC (Apple
Lossless Audio Codec) from CAF (CoreAudio), MP4 and Matroska
files. Implements #753.
2012-08-02 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: new feature: mkvmerge will remove stuffing bytes from
MPEG-1/-2 video streams that are used to keep the bit rate above
certain levels (the 0 bytes between slices and the following start
code). Implements #734.
2012-08-01 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Fixed audio/video synchronisation when
reading MPEG program streams with MPEG-1/2 video with respect to B
frames. Fixes #579.
* mkvmerge: enhancement: SRT files can have spaces in their
timecode line's arrow (e.g. "-- >").
2012-07-31 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: VC1: mkvmerge will now only mark frames as I
frames if a sequence header precedes them directly. Fixes #755.
2012-07-30 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* all: new feature: Added a Basque translation by Xabier Aramendi
2012-07-20 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* all: bug fix: The programs do not try to create directories with
empty names anymore. This happened if the output file name for
e.g. mkvmerge or mkvextract was only a file name without a
directory component. With Boost v1.50.0 the call to
"boost::filesystem::create_directory()" would result in an error
if the name was empty (it didn't in earlier versions of Boost).
2012-07-11 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mmg: bug fix: Fixed mmg not reading the very last line of
mkvmerge's output. The result was that messages like "the cues are
being written" did not show up in mmg and that the progress bar
was not filled completely. Fixes #774.
More information about the Matroska-users