[Matroska-users] Problem playing recorded MJPEG with high resolution

Ivan Kowalenko ivan.kowalenko at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 16:44:52 CET 2012

What program and system are you using for playback? I know MJPEG is used in
a lot of systems (particularly cameras) because it allows the use of cheap
JPEG-encoding ASICs (which may already be in the device, thus eliminating
the need for adding video encoding hardware and reducing the cost of the
device), but commodity computers or more basic JPEG decoding algorithms may
not be able to handle the increased data flow, and deliver undesirable
results.

Ivan Kowalenko
w: http://ivankowalenko.com
e: ivan at ivankowalenko.com