[Matroska-users] Haali Media Splitter playrate support

Junaid@afriticket.co.za junaid at afriticket.co.za
Mon Dec 17 16:40:04 CET 2012

Hi

I am not sure if this is the right place for this but any
assistance/comments would be appreciated.

I noticed that Haali Media Splitter does not play matroska files at high
play rates on Windows.

I investigated for months before finding lav splitter fixes this issue.
I develop security applications that require fast play and seeking
during playback of lengthy security footage. Is haali splitter meant
only for entertainment video purposes or should they also support
variable speed playback ? or maybe this is a windows limitation.

I think not may people are using multimedia for business purposes as the
play rate issue seems to be a common issue amongst splitters, for
example MP4 Media Foundation splitters don't play greater than 2 times
speed.

Thank you.

Regards
Junaid