[Matroska-users] MKVToolNix v5.5.0 released
moritz at bunkus.org
Sat Apr 7 08:13:32 CEST 2012
I've released MKVToolNix v5.5.0. It fixes a few issues all across the
board. The XML handling has been completely rewritten resulting in the
tag, chapter and segment info XML files supporting more of the
Matroska specs. A new mode for "--split" has been implemented that
let's you keep certain ranges and discard others without the need for
temporary files or multiple muxing passes.
A note for package maintainers: Boost's "lexical_cast" and "type
traits" libraries is now required. expat is not used anymore.
Here are the usual links...
...to the home page:
...to the source code:
...to the Windows installer and 7zip archive:
All of the Linux binaries that I provide have already been built and
Here's the full ChangeLog since release 5.4.0:
2012-04-06 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* Released v5.5.0.
* Build system: Boost's "lexical_cast" and "type traits" libraries
are now required.
* mmg: new feature: Added GUI controls for mkvmerge's "file
concatenation" feature as "additional file parts". The user can
chose which individual files are treated as if they were a single
huge source file.
* mkvmerge: bug fix: The handling of the "do not read other files"
options (e.g. "=file.vob" and "( file.vob )") was broken for MPEG
program stream files.
2012-04-01 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Fixed a wrong assertion about minimum MPEG
1/2 video start code lengths. Fixes ticket 728.
2012-03-31 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge, mmg: new feature: Added support for keeping only
certain timecode ranges from the source files with a new format to
"--split": "--split parts:...". Implements ticket #518.
2012-03-30 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mmg: new feature: Added an option in the preferences dialog
called "clear jobs from the job queue after they've been run". Can
be set to "only if run was successfull", "even if there were
warnings" and "even if there were errors". Defaults to off.
2012-03-29 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge, mkvextract, mmg: Re-write of the whole XML handling
code. It now uses the "pugixml" C++ library instead of the "expat"
library. Therefore "expat" is not required for building MKVToolNix
anymore. And neither is Boost's "property tree" library. "pugixml"
itself is included and not an external requirement either.
* Build system: removed all files and documentation related to
building MKVToolNix with Microsoft's Visual Studio because even
the most recent version of Visual C++ does not support the C++11
features required for MKVToolNix.
* mkvmerge, mkvextract: removal: Removed support for the
CorePicture file format. It was mostly unused and relied on old
code that will be removed soon.
* documentation: enhancement: mkvmerge's man page has been updated
with a list of valid XML tags for the chapters, tags and segment
info XML file formats.
* all: Updated the DTD files with the newly supported elements.
* mkvmerge: enhancement: Chapter XML files: mkvmerge can handle
the "ChapterSegmentEditionUID" element.
* mkvmerge: enhancement: Segment info XML files: mkvmerge can
handle the "SegmentFilename", "PreviousSegmentFilename" and
2012-03-19 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mmg: enhancement: Added "mts" as yet another file extension for
MPEG transport streams.
2012-03-18 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mmg: bug fix: Fixed a crash due to a missing argument for a
format string when clicking on the "Browse" button for the
2012-03-15 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mmg, mkvinfo's GUI, all .exes: enhancement: Added new icons
by Eduard Geier. (see AUTHORS).
2012-03-14 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvextract: bug fix: mkvextract sometimes wrote undefined values
to a single reserved header field when extracting into AVI
files. Patch by buguser128k. Fix for ticket 727.
* mkvmerge: bug fix: AVC/h.264 mkvmerge was wrongfully writing a
default duration of 60 frames/fields even if the source was
signalling 60000/1001 frames/fields. The frame timecodes have been
2012-03-12 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Fixed timecode calculation for (E)AC3 tracks
if the source container (e.g. MPEG transport streams) only
provided timecodes for some of the (E)AC3 packets itself.
More information about the Matroska-users