[Matroska-users] Adding Letterbox to video stream?

Steve Lhomme slhomme at matroska.org
Thu Sep 29 21:38:46 CEST 2011

That's actually a simple thing that could be there. Technically it
sounds like negative crop (adding pixels rather than removing them). I
don't think any player supports that yet and the specs clearly say the
value is unsigned. But that could be changed without much side effect.

On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 9:32 PM, Mastermind Cyberman
<cyberman at fredlarts.at> wrote:
> I didn't find anything in the specs, so maybe it simply isn't possible, but
> I guess asking to make sure won't hurt.
>
> I'd like to add a letterbox (i.e. black bars) around the video without
> actually doing so, that is, without recoding the vide.
>
> The reason for that is, of course, subtitles.
>
> Is this currently possible at all? Or planned? Or even useful?
>
> Cyberman

> Read Matroska-Users on GMane:

Steve Lhomme
Matroska association Chairman