[Matroska-users] Option to cut mkv files like start, stop or start + duration.

Eric Valette eric.valette at free.fr
Fri Oct 21 00:02:57 CEST 2011

Hi,

I either record HD TV broadcast using directly the ts that I then mux to
mkv or directly to mkv. When you do that, you often take security by
starting a bit sooner than needed and recording a bit longer also.

As a consequence, the resulting mkv is not clean and I must cut a bit of
it at the beginning and also a bit more at the end. Using a video editor
to o this is just an overkill.

Using mkvmerge I'm forced to use the --split option to achieve it but it
create tree chunk two of which I do not need.

ffmpeg has a -ss option and -t option enabling to do this and I think it
would be very convenient for mkvmerge also.

Comments?

--eric