[Matroska-users] MPC playing some MKV film shown on image but sound only---help

Sebastiaan tigchelaar at mezelf.com
Wed Mar 9 20:44:16 CET 2011

Hi Jerry,

If you can hear the audio, but cannot see the image then I would say the
video is using a video codec which you do not have installed.

>From what I understand from your email other files do not have the problem.

You could test the video itself with MediaInfo
(http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en) of with GSpot
(http://www.headbands.com/gspot/v26x/index.htm) to test the codec of the
file and if you have it installed or not.

Regards,

Sebastiaan

(I am not on the Matroska project)