[Matroska-users] question about MKV test suite

Cunsuo Guo cunsuo.guo at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 12:12:55 CEST 2011

Hi everybody,
I'm currently working on a project related to MKV demux. But when I
analyse the test1.mkv form the MKV test suite using AVI-Mux GUI, I
found that the video data is not what I expected. The video CodecID of
test file test1.mkv is V_MS/VFW/FOURCC, and AVI-Mux GUI shows that its
FOURCC is MP42. Then the video data should be a MPEG4 stream, right?
But the video data does not begin with 0x000001 (which all MPEG4 video
stream begin with), instead it begins with 0x0978fe1f. I know the test
suite must be OK, so there's must be something wrong with my
understanding. Could you please let me know where I'm wrong? And I'm
not familiar with V_MS/VFW/FOURCC, does it have something to do with
the video data not beginning with 0x000001?

Thanks for your time,
Cunsuo