[Matroska-users] Questions regarding Mkclean and Mkvalidator

Steve Lhomme slhomme at matroska.org
Fri Jul 15 16:02:53 CEST 2011

On Sun, Jul 10, 2011 at 7:30 PM, Jonathan Williams
<technopundit at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have three questions…
>

> 1)      Is it possible to redirect the output of mkclean and mkvalidator to
> a text file?  I’ve tried a number of the usual methods in Windows, with no
> luck thus far.  Is there something obvious I’m missing?

use "mkclean 2> your_file.txt"

> 2)      I’ve had some difficulty with compilation of mkclean and mkvalidator
> on 32-bit Ubuntu Linux.  While I can get them to compile with only warnings,
> the end result is executables that function differently than the executables
> of the same version under Windows.  For example, mkvalidator is finding
> loads of errors in files when run directly on my Ubuntu file server that
> it’s not finding when run from a Windows machine accessing mkv files on the
> server.  And when running mkclean directly on the file server, it’s
> producing a clean output file that stops at about 2 GB, whereas running the
> windows version from a machine accessing the file server is producing output
> that is the approximate full size of the original file.

Do you have a file I can test with ?

> 3)      Despite running mkclean, I’m sometimes still getting errors on
> subsequent mkvalidator runs (in Windows).  For example:
>

> ERR312: CueEntry Track #1 and timecode 13689634 ms not found

Again, a test file would help. Or running "mkvinfo -v" o the file. But
don't post the result directly to this mailing list, you Pastebin or
such services.

> I’m not sure of the meaning of this error.    Could anyone elaborate as to
> what is wrong with the file?

It could be that the timecode rounding error may be different between
the binaries.

Steve