[Matroska-users] many attachments in arbitrary possitions

Steve Lhomme slhomme at matroska.org
Sat Jul 9 09:37:05 CEST 2011

On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 5:31 AM, Phan Tien Dung <dungpt at vtv.vn> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Thank you very much for your reply. I want to attach many files and step by
> step with audio and video clusters. Is it possible if I organize the file as
> below?
>
> [EBML head] [segment {meta seek #1} {chapters} [segment information] [track
> information] [cluster 1] {cluster 2} {attachment 1}  ... {cluster n} {meta
> seek #2} {attachment 2} … {cluster m}    {meta seek #3} {attachment 3}
>  {tags}]

First it's better if segment info and track info are before anything
else (apart from meta seek). Multiple meta seek is discouraged, and
even if used only one level of indirection is usually
admited/supported.

Now is there a reason you would not want all the attachment data in
one place in the file ? Anytime the player will want an attachment it
will need to parse a lot of data to find the one it wants...

Steve

> Thanks and regards,
>
> Phan Tien Dung
>

> Attachments can be located anywhere, though the most common places are at
> the front or at the back. They should be indexed via a meta seek element,
> though. Keep in mind that meta indexes can refer to other meta index entries
> as well, e.g.
>

> 1. Segment header
>
> 2. Meta index containing pointer to meta index 6 3. Track headers 4.
> Clusters 5. Attachments 6. Meta index containing pointers to all clusters
> and to the attachments
>

> Regards,
>
> mosu

> Read Matroska-Users on GMane: