[Matroska-users] attachment order

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Mon Jul 4 09:59:53 CEST 2011

Hey,

On Monday 04 July 2011 06:02:18 Phan Tien Dung wrote:

> I am very interested in mkv file. In structure file, you only mention that
> Attachment is located in front of Clusters. Is it possible if Attchment is
> located after Clusters or between clusters?

Attachments can be located anywhere, though the most common places are
at the front or at the back. They should be indexed via a meta
seek element, though. Keep in mind that meta indexes can refer to other
meta index entries as well, e.g.

1. Segment header
2. Meta index containing pointer to meta index 6
3. Track headers
4. Clusters
5. Attachments
6. Meta index containing pointers to all clusters and to the attachments

Regards,
mosu