[Matroska-users] Setting the right parameters for Matroska Stereo 3D

Steve Lhomme slhomme at matroska.org
Thu Oct 14 20:30:46 CEST 2010

1: Yes you can use the StereoMode field with the value 1. It's an
integer and mkvmerge probably doesn't check the value is in a valid
range.

2: The aspect ratio is defined by the ratio the
DisplayWidth/DisplayHeight. And the way to tell the geometry of the
side-by-side videos is using the same fields. So you don't have to
worry about the aspect ratio. It is what you put in the
DisplayWidth/DisplayHeight

3: It's likely your pixel size is 1920x1080, each side being 960x1080.
But the output should also be 1920x1080 (horizontal stretching). So
you should use 1920x1080 for the PixelWidth/PixelHeight and
DisplayWidth/DisplayHeight as well. The fact that the video is marked
as side-by-side means the decoding system has to cut the 1920x1080
picture in 2 at the middle.

Steve