[Matroska-users] How to burn video files Mastroka

John Stebbins stebbins at jetheaddev.com
Wed Mar 10 22:50:22 CET 2010

On 03/10/2010 01:35 PM, Rolf Ernst wrote:
> On 3/10/2010 12:50 PM, savage.46 at libero.it wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Io ho un file video Mastroka,vorrei masterizzarlo per poterlo vedere su un
>> comune lettore dvd senza perdere qualità sia video che audio,come posso fare?
>> I'm Italian,sorry for my English.
>>
>> Thank you.
>>

> I'm guessing here what you are asking. Presuming it is legal in your
> country you can use one of the many converters out there which will take
> a DVD and transcode it into AVI format. The last step would be to
> multiplex the output into the Matroska container. Not to toot my own
> horn but you can download such a thing at 24hourloop.com (YAMF by me)
> but there are countless others.

Google translation of savage's question:
>I [have a] Mastroka a video file, I would burn it to view it on a
>Common DVD player without losing quality video and audio, how can I do?
>I'm Italian, sorry for my English.

Does the DVD player support divx?  If so then you can use a number of
tools to convert the file to a divx compatible avi file.  Then you could
burn that avi file to a DVD and play it.

If the DVD player does not support divx, then you will need DVD
authoring software that can transcode the video to an MPEG-2 Program
stream that dvd players can play.  Google "dvd authoring".  You'll get
plenty of hits.