[Matroska-users] mkvtoolnix 4.2.0 released
moritz at bunkus.org
Wed Jul 28 20:22:17 CEST 2010
I've released mkvtoolnix v4.2.0. It contains a lot of bug fixes and a
few enhancements but no major new features.
There are no changes for package maintainers in this release.
Here are the usual links...
...to the home page:
...to the source code:
...to the Windows installer and 7zip archive:
All binaries that I provide myself have already been uploaded.
Here's the full ChangeLog since release 4.1.1:
2010-07-28 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* Released v4.2.0.
* mkvmerge: bug fix: mkvmerge was accessing invalid memory In
certain cases, e.g. when appending Matroska files that use
compression while turning compression off.
2010-07-27 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Splitting output files by size was basing its
decision when to create a new file on an uninitialized
variable. This caused effects like a lot of small files being
created with sizes much smaller than the intended split size.
2010-07-19 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: The speed with which mkvmerge skips garbage
in DTS tracks has been greatly improved.
2010-07-18 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: enhancement: Reading Matroska files: DisplayWidth &
DisplayHeight values that are obviously not meant to represent
pixels but only to be used for aspect ratio calculation (e.g.
16x9) are converted into proper ranges based on the track's
PixelWidth & PixelHeight values and the quotient of DisplayWidth /
2010-07-12 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: enhancement: Attachments will be rendered at the end
of the file instead of at the beginning. The attachments will be
placed after the cues but before the chapters. Fix for bug 516.
* mkvmerge: enhancement: Header removal compression has been
enabled by default for MPEG-4 part 10 (AVC/h.264) video tracks
with a NALU size field length of four bytes.
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Header removal compression has been
deactivated for MPEG-4 part 2 (aka DivX/Xvid) video tracks due to
incompatibility with packed bitstreams.
2010-07-10 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mmg: enhancement: The taskbar progress is reset as soon as
mkvmerge finishes/as soon as all jobs are done (Windows 7).
2010-07-06 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Fixed reading AVC/h.264 tracks from AVI files
if they're stored without NALUs inside the AVI. Was broken by a
fix for handling AVC/h.264 in NALUs inside AVI.
* mkvmerge: bug fix: All readers that only handled file formats
which do not contain more than one track did not respect the
"--no-audio / --no-video / --no-subtitles" options. This applied
to the following readers: AAC, AC3, AVC/h.264, CorePicture, Dirac,
DTS, FLAC, IVF, MP3, MPEG ES, PGS/SUP, SRT, SSA, TrueHD, TTA, VC1,
WAV and WavPack.
2010-07-05 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: enhancement: Improved reading text files that use
mixed end-of-line styles (DOS & Unix mixed).
2010-07-04 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Fixed invalid memory access in the PCM
packetizer. Fix for bug 510.
* mmg: bug fix: When mmg starts it will check the entries in the
file and chapter menu's list of recently used files and remove
those entries that no longer exist. Fix for bug 509.
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Fixed a crash when reading Matroska files
that were damaged in a certain way.
If Darl McBride was in charge, he'd probably make marriage
unconstitutional too, since clearly it de-emphasizes the commercial
nature of normal human interaction, and probably is a major impediment
to the commercial growth of prostitution. - Linus Torvalds
More information about the Matroska-users