[Matroska-users] Confirmation that Haali MS DOESN'T support HE-AAC audio...?

Pete Hodgson pete at webflex.co.nz
Thu Jul 15 05:19:47 CEST 2010

Hi all,
I'm a bit of a newbie to the whole PVR/DVB/DirectShow scene, but with some
technical background, and a number of weeks of frustration behind me ;)

It appears to me that the Haali MS filter is the smooothest splitter for
navigating around HD files. It's just instant and crash-proof, compared to
others I've tried. And it's the only demux that doesn't crash coreAVC when
jumping around the TS file.

However, all our DVB-T broadcasts here in New Zealand use HE-AAC, so I
think HMS is unusable....? I've tried connecting it up to one of our
h.264/HE-AAC .TS files in GraphStudio, and all I get is one video out pin,
but no audio.

I checked the codecs.pdf for compatibility, and there's no mention of
HE-AAC.

So I'm assuming it's a no-go....?

If that's correct, is there any development plans to support it anytime
soon?

Thanks,
Pete.
Wellington, NZ.