[Matroska-users] question about block in MKV files

Cunsuo Guo cunsuo.guo at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 05:42:31 CEST 2010

Hello,

I'm now working on a project related with matroska and I have some questions
about the concept 'block'.
When I wrap a video stream, say H.264 stream, into a MKV file, should I map
each slice or frame in the H.264 stream into each 'block' of the MKV file?
Or more commonly, when merge some source streams into a MKV file, how
to decide which part of data should map into a 'block'?  How to
define 'block' in a   precise and technical way?

Thank you for your time, have a nice day!

Cunsuo Guo