[Matroska-users] mkvtoolnix 3.1.0 released

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Sat Jan 23 22:49:04 CET 2010

Hey,

On Sat, 23 Jan 2010 10:59:44 -0800, Mike Castle
<dalgoda+matroska at gmail.com> wrote:

> Twice now I've had mkvmerge 3.1.0 go into apparent endless loops while
> muxing a .vob (for audio), .avi (for video(, a srt file, vobsubs, and
> an attachment.

I haven't received any other reports about similar issues yet. Here are a
couple of things you can/should check:

1. Try to narrow it down to a minimal set of files for which the loop
occurs. Ideally get it down to a single input file.

2. Try older versions of mkvtoolnix. If you don't have pre-compiled
binaries available then you can easily build your own Debian packages.
Follow the instructions available at
http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/source.html#debian_ubuntu_package
Replace the part that talks about the Git repository with downloading
older source code archives from
http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/sources/

If you can narrow the problem down and are willing to upload the file(s)
in question somewhere (e.g. to my FTP server) then I can take a look at the
problem myself.

Regards,
Mosu