[Matroska-users] Bugs multiplexing large files?

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Wed Jan 20 21:14:11 CET 2010

Hey,

On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 13:55:50 -0600, Rolf Ernst
<rolf.ernst at silverlightning.org> wrote:

> However, the files I am creating now are HD (1904x800 in this particular
> case) and very large (5.8GB). Now mencoder creates these size AVI files
> (OpenDML) just fine but I understand the AVI index can only accommodate
4GB
> so they aren't very seekable.

mkvmerge uses a library called avilib for reading AVIs. avilib supports
OpenDML files as long as they're valid. I don't know a lot about the AVI
file structure, and to be honest I'm not really motivated looking into
incompatibilities between mencoder's AVI muxer and mkvmerge's demuxer -- I
know a lot of the issues mencoder has had in the past and I simply don't
want to spend time on this. Sorry.

Regards,
Mosu