[Matroska-users] Newbie help please :)

Henti Smith henti at geekware.co.za
Sun Jan 10 20:29:11 CET 2010

On 2010/01/10 07:48 PM, Moritz Bunkus wrote:
> Yes, that should work.

Indeed it did :)
> Note that all but one instances of '--default-track' can be left out
> without changing the outcome. This is due to how mkvmerge assigns the
> 'default track' flag: the first track found of each kind (video, audio,
> subtitles, buttons) gets its flag set to 'on', all following tracks of
> the same kind to 'off. For the .avi, the first ac3 and the second ac3
> this matches your manual choices. Those three instances of
> '--default-track' can be left out.
>
> The '--default-track' for the subtitles file however is neccessary as it
> is the first subtitle track -- mkvmerge would normally set the 'default
> track' flag to 'on' for this one.

Thanks I've cleaned up my script, tho it's pretty ugly nevertheless.

I'm still sorting out one last problem with seems to be bash syntax
related, but then version 1.0 should be done :)

If anybody wants a copy to critique, laugh at, point, let me know, and
I'll send it to you :P

Henti