[Matroska-users] mkvtoolnix 3.1.0 released
moritz at bunkus.org
Wed Jan 20 13:41:47 CET 2010
I've released mkvtoolnix v3.1.0. This release contains contains the
usual mix of bug fixes and smaller enhancements.
Notes for package maintainers:
1. Library dependency changes: Boost v1.34.0 or later is now
required. Boost's filesystem library is required as well (for those
distributions that split the Boost development packages).
2. The man pages & mmg's guide have been translated to other languages,
and the file layout in /usr/share/mkvtoolnix has been changed
accordingly. I suggest you take a look at what a normal 'configure &&
make && make install' does and adjust the build scripts afterwards.
Here are the usual links...
...to the home page:
...to the source code:
...to the Windows installer and 7zip archive:
All binaries that I provide myself have already been uploaded.
Here's the full ChangeLog since release 3.1.0:
2010-01-18 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* Released v3.1.0.
2010-01-11 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: If the first input file was a Quicktime/MP4
file and all tracks from that file were deselected for muxing then
mkvmerge would crash. Fix for bug 458.
2010-01-09 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mmg: bug fix: The option 'AAC is SBR/HE-AAC' was not honored
for appended AAC tracks. This could lead to mkvmerge aborting with
an error that the track parameters did not match if it itself
could not detect HE-AAC in the second file.
2010-01-06 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* documentation: Added a Chinese Simplified translation for mmg's
guide by Dean Lee (see AUTHORS).
2010-01-05 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* documentation: Added a Japanese translation for the man pages by
Katsuhiko Nishimra (see AUTHORS).
2010-01-03 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mmg: bug fix: The output file name is checked for invalid
characters before the muxing process is started. Fix for bug 455.
* mkvpropedit, mmg: bug fix: Files with an infinite segment size
are handled correctly now. Fix for bug 438.
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Matroska files which have its 'tracks'
element located behind the clusters are read correctly now.
* mmg: enhancement: After muxing the "abort" button is changed to
"open folder" which opens the explorer on the output file's
folder. This only happens on Windows.
2010-01-02 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mmg: enhancement: When constructing the output file name mmg
will only suggest names that don't exist already by appending a
number to the file name (e.g. resulting in "/path/file (1).mkv").
2009-12-30 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: new feature: Added support for reading chapters from
MP4 files that are stored in tracks with subtype 'text'. Such
files are used e.g. on iPods/iPhones and can be created by
HandBrake. Fix for bug 454.
2009-12-29 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mmg: bug fix: The "tags" input box on the "general track
options" tab was not updated when a track was selected. Fix for
2009-12-28 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge, mmg: new feature: If a MPEG-2 program stream file is
added to mkvmerge whose base name ends in a number then mkvmerge
will automatically read and process all other files in the same
directory with the same base name, same extension and different
numbers. Those files are treated as if they were a single big
file. This applies e.g. to VOB files from DVD images that are
named VTS_01_1.VOB, VTS_01_2.VOB, VTS_01_3.VOB etc. mmg will
output an error message if the user tries to add or append one of
the other files that mkvmerge will process automatically (e.g. if
the user has added VTS_01_1.VOB already and tries to append
This also fixes bug 437.
* Build requirements changed: mkvtoolnix requires Boost v1.34.0 or
later. It requires the Boost::Filesystem library (with all Boost
versions) and the Boost::System libraries (starting with Boost
2009-12-26 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: enhancement: SRT files with negative timecodes will
are not rejected anymore. Negative timecodes will be adjusted to
start at 00:00:00.000.
2009-12-25 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvextract: new feature: Added support for extracting Blu-Ray
subtitles (CodecID "S_HDMV/PGS").
2009-12-19 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge/mmg: enhancement: Added an option '--segment-uid' for
specifying the segment UIDs to use instead of having to use a XML
file and '--segmentinfo'.
* Installer: The installer will no longer offer to run mmg after
it has been installed. On Windows setups where a normal user
account doesn't have administrator privileges this caused mmg to
be run as the user "Administrator" instead of the normal user
account causing confusion and some things not to work, e.g. drag &
2009-12-17 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Zero-length frames in Theora bitstreams as
created by libtheora v1.1 and later were dropped. Fix for bug
2009-12-15 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mmg: bug fix: On Windows 2000/XP the 'add/append file' dialog
was not showing files with certain extensions (e.g. ".srt" or
".mp4") if the option "all supported media files" was
selected. Fix for bug 448.
If Darl McBride was in charge, he'd probably make marriage
unconstitutional too, since clearly it de-emphasizes the commercial
nature of normal human interaction, and probably is a major impediment
to the commercial growth of prostitution. - Linus Torvalds
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 197 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part.
More information about the Matroska-users