[Matroska-users] Haali Matroska Splitter isn't handeling HD audio very well.

Rudy De Vylder rudy.bianca at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 12:56:34 CET 2010

Hello,

When on Windows 7 I want to play a matroska file containing VC-1 or x264
video and DTS-HD or TrueHD audio while using Haali, the playbacks hangs and
skips several times (extreme and uneven stutter) to finally freeze after a
few seconds.
I use the Arcsoft Audio Renderer to bitstream this audio to my reciever thru
a Asus Xonar HDAV1.3 card.
When I use the standalone mpc - matroska splitter the same files play just
fine but it doesn't handel embeded subs as good as Haali.
Therefor I would like to keep using Haali.
Demuxing this HD audio and remuxing the core solves it so it isn't a issue
of bad frames.

My setup:
- OS: Windows 7 Home Premium
- GPU: Asus 9800GTX+