[Matroska-users] hi,all~

Matthew Heaney matthewjheaney at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 19 06:53:42 CET 2010

Hello Hao Qiu,

If you are interested, I have been writing an MKV parser, available here:

http://vob2mkv.codeplex.com/

The libraries and utilities are designed around DirectShow (on Windows).
There’s a muxer (MKVMUX) that writes MKV files, and a source filter
(MKVSOURCE) that can read the MKV files written by the muxer.

I needed a set of utilities for converting my DVD rips to MKV, so I just
decided to write them myself.  Right now the project only supports MPEG-2
and AC-3, but support for other formats (MPEG-4, AAC, etc) is planned.

If you have SVN installed, then you can get the sources this way:

svn co https://vob2mkv.svn.codeplex.com/svn/trunk dvdutil

Otherwise you can browse the sources online:

http://vob2mkv.codeplex.com/SourceControl/list/changesets

The MKV parser is in this directory: dvdutil/libmkvparser .

I should have a new binary release (v1.0.2) within the next few days.

Regards,
Matt

(quoted message starts here)