[Matroska-users] mkvtoolnix 3.2.0 released

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Sat Feb 13 18:02:45 CET 2010

Hey,

On Saturday 13 February 2010 17:00:41 Ruud Althuizen wrote:

> MANPAGES_TRANSLATED = -n $(subst doc/man, doc/man/./doc/man/po4a/po/ja.po,
> $(MANPAGES))
> -n $(subst doc/man, doc/man/./doc/man/po4a/po/zh_CN.po, $(MANPAGES))

The configure script is supposed to create the complete
MANPAGES_TRANSLATED rule, and it should look something like this:

MANPAGES_TRANSLATED = $(subst doc/man, doc/man/ja, $(MANPAGES)) $(subst doc/man, doc/man/zh_CN, $(MANPAGES))

The code for creating that rule is:

MANPAGES_TRANSLATED="`for lang in $MANPAGES_TRANSLATIONS; do \
  echo -n '$(subst doc/man, doc/man/'$lang', $(MANPAGES)) '; done`"

So my guess is that the 'echo' command on Mac OS doesn't know the -n
parameter which (at least on Linux) suppresses the trailing carriage
return. With the trailing carriage return the Makefile rule gets messed
up some other way.

So I'm open to suggestions how to fix this.

Regards,
Mosu