[Matroska-users] Control language when compiling mkvtoolnix (Linux)

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Fri Apr 2 10:50:09 CEST 2010

Hey,

On Friday 02 April 2010 04:35:11 andrew wrote:

> I am compiling mkvtoolnix 3.3.0 under Slackware linux. Is there a
> method to control the languages that are used?

Partially. If the environment variable LINGUAS is set when configure is
run then the it selects the translations for the programs. The
translations for the man pages and the guide are not affected by that
variable though because the corresponding configure checks haven't been
coded to take it into account.

What you can do after configure is overwriting the corresponding
Makefile variables. The variables in question are: TRANSLATIONS
TRANSLATIONS_POS for the translation of the tools, MANPAGES_TRANSLATIONS
MANPAGES_TRANSLATIONS_POS, GUIDE_TRANSLATIONS.

However, the proper way would be to change the configure checks to
respect LINGUAS.

Regards,
Mosu