[Matroska-users] help about MKV

Matthew Heaney matthewjheaney at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 1 15:44:55 CEST 2010

From: matroska-users-bounces at lists.matroska.org
[mailto:matroska-users-bounces at lists.matroska.org] On Behalf Of reza
mohammadi
Sent: Thursday, 01 April, 2010 05:25
To: matroska-users at lists.matroska.org
Subject: [Matroska-users] help about MKV

hi there
i need to watch this type of files on LCD (TV) but i couldn't find any home
DVD player to read this kind of files.
Of course i can watch on my PC but i want to watch on LCD .....please help
me.

I use a WD TV Media Player for this purpose:

http://www.wdc.com/en/products/index.asp?cat=30

(I have the Gen1 version of the WD TV model.)

I wrote a tool, VOB2MKV, specifically for the purpose of converting DVD rips
to MKV, so that I could play them on my TV using a hard drive instead of
relying on optical media.  (It only runs on Windows.  If you have another OS
then you could try FFmpeg or mencoder.)

http://vob2mkv.codeplex.com/

I just released vob2mkv-1.0.4 a few days ago.  See the accompanying
README.TXT file for details about how to use it.

-Matt