[Matroska-users] bug/feedback with Haali Media splitter

aaronjones4111 aaronjones4111 at bellsouth.net
Wed Oct 21 18:07:39 CEST 2009

Dear Sir or Madam,

   I was just writing to either request or suggest an easy way to uninstall Haali Media splitter from one's computer.   It is very difficult to do,  I've tried everything.   The regular uninstall does not affect the codec at all.  There is also another part of it also that will not uninstall:  DivX Settings Manager (not sure if it came with Haali,  but I'm sure it installed and didn't come off the uninstall), and ffdshow video decoder (also I think it was installed, not sure about ffdshow).  It seems to make some additions to the registry,  but when removed,  come back.

I would like to see an option to have this taken off my computer,  and not have some of the compatablility issues with other programs.   It almost acts like some kind of malware or even a trojan,  however no observable damage has occured to computer.  It does however affect the performance of other programs, and does affect some audio/video conversions.   Just based on what I've dealt with in this program,  I would not recommend it to anyone.  Based on the fact that it is next to impossible to uninstall or even disable.

Thanks for listening,  and hopefully newer versions might have this problem resolved.  It is a pretty good program,  but I do need to have the option of disabling it or even modifiy the settings, or just being able to uninstall everything including the registry and physical locations and any other behaviours that occur.

thanks,
aaron