[Matroska-users] (no subject)

Rolf Ernst rolf.ernst at 24hourloop.com
Fri May 22 21:03:33 CEST 2009

Matroska is only a container, not a codec. The quality of the material
solely depends on the quality of the codec. There are a million things that
go into the actual quality (codec, bitrate, size, actual encoder, number of
passes, settings of codec - endless). None of them have anything to do with
the container, Matroska. If you want to improve the video quality you need
to use a better encoder (or whoever produyced the material in the first
place). Don't expect 320x240 XVid to give you HD quality.

/re

On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 1:22 PM, Dimitrije Bugarski <bugarski at sbb.co.yu>wrote:

>  Hi, I have questio nabout using .mkv files! If I play them in KMplayer,
> do I have to install any codec or filter? It succesfully plays them, but
> maybe quality can be improved with some codecs or filters. Thank you in
> advance.

> Read Matroska-Users on GMane:

/re

"Sometimes I get the feeling the whole world is against me, but deep down I
know that's not true. Some smaller countries are neutral. "

Robert Orben