[Matroska-users] mkvtoolnix 2.9.0 released
moritz at bunkus.org
Fri May 22 19:14:57 CEST 2009
I've released mkvtoolnix v2.9.0. New features include support for
chapters in MP4 files, a translation to Chinese Traditional and support
for MPEG-1/-2 video in AVI files. Improvements were made to the MPEG
program stream and VobSub handling code. Fixed bugs include several
segfaults, crashes in the header editor and mmg always reporting that
adding files has failed with a return code of 1 on certain Windows
systems. Audio/video synchronization for the native MPEG-4 storage mode
has been fixed.
Here are the usual links...
...to the home page:
...to the source code:
...to the Windows installer:
The binaries I provide myself have all been built and uploaded already.
Here's the full ChangeLog since release 2.8.0:
2009-05-22 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* Released v2.9.0.
2009-05-17 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* all: Added a translation to Traditional Chinese by Dean
Lee (see AUTHORS).
* mkvmerge: bug fix: mkvmerge was not handling dropped frames well
when converting from VfW-mode MPEG-4 part 2 to native mode MPEG-4
part 2 (with '--engage native_mpeg4'). This resulted in timecodes
being to low which in turn resulted in the loss of audio/video
synchronization. Fix for bug 236.
2009-05-16 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvextract: bug fix: The modes 'chapters', 'cuesheet' and 'tags'
did not honor the '--redirect-output' option and where always
writing to the standard output.
* mkvmerge: new feature: Added a hack ('vobsub_subpic_stop_cmds')
that causes mkvmerge to add 'stop display' commands to VobSub
subtitle packets that do not have a duration field. Patch by Todd
Schmuland (see AUTHORS).
2009-05-15 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mmg: enhancement: Changed how mmg sets the output file name
automatically if the option is enabled. If the user adds more than
one file then the output file name is set each time a file is
added and not only when the first one is unless the user has
changed the output file name manually. Fix for bug 229.
2009-05-14 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: enhancement: Improved support for QuickTime audio
tracks with version 2 of the STSD sound descriptor.
* mmg: bug fix: The "remove all" button was sometimes disabled
even though there were still files left to be removed.
* mkvmerge: enhancement: The MPEG program stream reader will now
detect invalid padding packets and skip only to the next 2048 byte
packet boundary instead of skipping several good packets. Patch by
Todd Schmuland (see AUTHORS).
* mmg: enhancement: The "no chapters" checkbox can now be used for
QuickTime/MP4 files and OGM files as well.
* mkvmerge: enhancement: The OGM reader will only print the
warning that no chapter charset has been set by the user if the
title or the chapter information contained in the OGM file is
actually used and not overwritten with '--title ...' or
2009-05-13 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvextract: bug fix: The VobSub extraction was made more
compatible with most applications. Fix for bug 245. Patch by Todd
Schmuland (see AUTHORS).
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Fixed support for Windows systems that use
code pages that are not supported by the iconv library (e.g. code
page 720). mkvmerge was exiting with warnings causing mmg to
report that file identification had failed. Fix for bug 376.
2009-05-12 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: new feature: Added support for handling MPEG-1/-2
video in AVI files. Fix for bug 388.
2009-05-11 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* all: bug fix: Global variables are deconstructed in a
pre-defined way no longer causing segfaults when the programs are
about to exit.
* mkvmerge: enhancement: Implemented small speedups for some
common memory operation (affects e.g. the MPEG program stream
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Fixed potential and actual segmentation
faults occuring when appending VC-1 video tracks, Dirac video
tracks and DTS audio tracks.
2009-05-10 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mmg: bug fix: The header and chapter editors will no longer
crash the application if the user wants to open a file that's
locked by another process and show an error message instead.
* mkvmerge: enhancement: Invalid VobSub packets whose internal SPU
length field differs from its actual length are patched so that
the SPU length field matches the actual length. This fixes
playback issues with several players and filters. Fix for bug
* mkvmerge: new feature: Added support for reading chapters from
MP4 files. Fix for bug 385.
If Darl McBride was in charge, he'd probably make marriage
unconstitutional too, since clearly it de-emphasizes the commercial
nature of normal human interaction, and probably is a major impediment
to the commercial growth of prostitution. - Linus Torvalds
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part.
More information about the Matroska-users