[Matroska-users] regarding mkv files playback

Ivan Kowalenko ivan.kowalenko at gmail.com
Sun May 3 22:08:29 CEST 2009

Ivan Kowalenko
Rowan Television Network
Web Chair
w: http://ivankowalenko.com
e: ivan.kowalenko at gmail.com
p: 612-670-1142
p: 856-270-6049

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 11:58 AM, shahul hamed <strings_u2000 at yahoo.com>wrote:

> hi , this is regarding a query related to mkv files playback, i m not able
> to play them smoothly despite having all the possible codecs installed , my
> configuration is PENTIUM D 2.8GHZ
>                                                                      1 G B
> DDR2 RAM
>
> MOTHERBOARD IS MERCURY PNMCP73V with    onboard
>                                                        graphics  (g e force
> 7050/n vidia 610)
> i m not able to play these files smoothly and audio , video synchronization
> is also not there, but when i convert these files to .AVI these work
> perfectly but occupy lots of space.

It's entirely possible your processor is not fast enough to decode the
video. Matroska files are frequently used to contain 720p H.264 video with
(at least) 5.1 Dolby audio, which demand huge amounts of processing time.

However, this is just a guess. I do not know what is in your particular
Matroska file, or what you're doing to the file when you convert it to an
AVI (let alone what codecs you're using in that AVI).

For a more informed answer, I would need to know the specifications of the
file (MKVDiag can give you that data) and maybe (to explain how thins work
out in the AVI) your transcoding settings.