[Matroska-users] Subtitle question...

Alexander J. Fanti alexfanti at verizon.net
Sat Mar 21 17:02:33 CET 2009

Hello,

I have an MP4 file created with Nero Recode 2 (AVC HD, Base Media
Version 2, Main at L3.0). I have added two subtitle "tracks". I am using
FFDShow as the decoder. Using GraphEdit I can build a graph with all
pins connected. I have Subtitles "checked" in FFDShow, and "Autoload
VSFilter" set to Yes. (although I've tried that both ways and not seen a
difference in behavior).

I can get the 2nd subtitle to display consistently. Choosing the "No
Subtitles" from the Haali tray popup does NOT turn them off (when I'm
seeing sub #2) and choosing the 1st subtitle sometimes results in the
subtitle (#1) being displayed, but often it does not (sub #1 simply
MIA). I cannot figure out any pattern, just that usually it doesn't
work, but sometimes it does.

Does anyone have any insight into using subtitles here? Can you point me
to any information that may help me get the subtitles working
consistently and properly?

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me,

Alex
alex.fanti at verizon.net